* multiple columns inside \framed
@ 2006-04-13 10:42 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-04-13 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to typeset two columns of names inside one frame
(centered horizontally). \startcolumns inside \framed doesn't work; is
there any simple alternative? (Otherwise I'll manually split the
content into two subframes.)

I would appreciate any hints,
    Mojca

\def\student#1#2{{#1 \sc#2}\par}

% room number, number of students, students
\def\room#1#2#3{#1:
	\framed[width=4.4cm,height=2cm]{%
		\ifnum#2<4 #3\else
		\startcolumns[n=2,distance=0pt]#3\stopcolumns
		\fi
	}\par
}

\starttext

\room{1}{2}{%
	\student{Abc}{Def}
	\student{Abc}{Def}
}
\room{2}{5}{%
	\student{Abc}{Def}
	\student{Abc}{Def}
	\student{Abc}{Def}
	\student{Abc}{Def}
	\student{Abc}{Def}
}

\stoptext

* Re: multiple columns inside \framed
@ 2006-04-13 11:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-13 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to typeset two columns of names inside one frame
> (centered horizontally). \startcolumns inside \framed doesn't work; is
> there any simple alternative? (Otherwise I'll manually split the
> content into two subframes.)
>
> I would appreciate any hints,
>     Mojca
>

> \def\student#1#2{{#1 \sc#2}\par}
>
> % room number, number of students, students
> \def\room#1#2#3{#1:
> 	\framed[width=4.4cm,height=2cm]{%
> 		\ifnum#2<4 #3\else
> 		\startcolumns[n=2,distance=0pt]#3\stopcolumns

        \startsimplecolumns[n=2,distance=0pt]#3\stopsimplecolumns

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-04-14  1:22   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-04-14  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/13/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to typeset two columns of names inside one frame
> > (centered horizontally). \startcolumns inside \framed doesn't work; is
> > there any simple alternative?
>
>         \startsimplecolumns[n=2,distance=0pt]#3\stopsimplecolumns

Don't you think that you have taken the word "simple" to literally? ;)
(This returned me back the hope that some hidden and undocumented
features like \startsimplethesis & \writesimplethesis exist in the
ConTeXt core ;)

Hans, thanks a lot! It does exactly what I wanted.

Mojca

* Re: multiple columns inside \framed
@ 2006-04-14  8:14     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-14  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 4/13/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to typeset two columns of names inside one frame
>>> (centered horizontally). \startcolumns inside \framed doesn't work; is
>>> there any simple alternative?
>>>
>>         \startsimplecolumns[n=2,distance=0pt]#3\stopsimplecolumns
>>

> Don't you think that you have taken the word "simple" to literally? ;)
> (This returned me back the hope that some hidden and undocumented
> features like \startsimplethesis & \writesimplethesis exist in the
> ConTeXt core ;)

\def\simplethesis
  {\setupsystem[random=1234]
   \title{\fakewords{3}{4}}
   \placelist[chapter,section]
   \dorecurse{6}
     {\chapter{\fakewords{5}{10}}
      \dorecurse{5}
        {\section{\fakewords{2}{5}}
         \dorecurse{2}
           {\dorecurse{3}{\fakewords{100}{200}\endgraf}
           \placefigure
              {\fakewords{8}{15}}
              {\fakefigure{5cm}{3cm}{10cm}{5cm}}
            \dorecurse{2}{\fakewords{100}{200}\endgraf}}}}}

\starttext
  \simplethesis
\stoptext

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE