* <?context-mathml-directive times symbol yes?> not working
@ 2006-04-14 19:40 Louis Springer
From: Louis Springer @ 2006-04-14 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a simple formula where I would like to use the times symbol
and the directive does not appear to be working. Am I doing something
wrong here?

\usemodule[MathML]
\useXMLfilter[mml,mmp,mmc] % basic mathml/presentational/content

\starttext

\startXMLdata
<?context-mathml-directive times symbol yes?>
<formula>
<math>
	<apply><eq/>
		<ci> c </ci>
	    	<apply> <times/>
			<ci> s </ci>
			<ci> f </ci>
		</apply>
	</apply>
</math>
</formula>
\stopXMLdata

\stoptext

Using a setup also appears to be ineffective, e.g.

\setupMMLappearance[times][symbol=yes]

Lou

* Re: <?context-mathml-directive times symbol yes?> not working
@ 2006-04-14 22:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-14 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Louis Springer wrote:
> I have a simple formula where I would like to use the times symbol
> and the directive does not appear to be working. Am I doing something
> wrong here?
>
> \usemodule[MathML]
> \useXMLfilter[mml,mmp,mmc] % basic mathml/presentational/content
>
> \starttext
>
> \startXMLdata
> <?context-mathml-directive times symbol yes?>
> <formula>
> <math>
> 	<apply><eq/>
> 		<ci> c </ci>
> 	    	<apply> <times/>
> 			<ci> s </ci>
> 			<ci> f </ci>
> 		</apply>
> 	</apply>
> </math>
> </formula>
> \stopXMLdata
>
> \stoptext
>

> Using a setup also appears to be ineffective, e.g.
>
> \setupMMLappearance[times][symbol=yes]

change this in xtag-mmc:

\def\MMLcTIMES#1#2#3\empty
  {\setMMLcreset{\MMLcfunctionlist,\MMLcconstructlist}%
   \doifelse\@@MMLtimesauto\v!no
     {\let\@@MMLtimes@@symbol\@@MMLtimessymbol}
     {\doifelseXMLRneighbors{cn}{#3}
        {\let\@@MMLtimes@@symbol\v!yes}
        {\let\@@MMLtimes@@symbol\@@MMLtimessymbol}}%
   \doifelse\@@MMLtimes@@symbol\v!yes
     {\encapsulateXMLR{}{\times}{}{#3\empty}}
     {\doifelse\@@MMLtimes@@symbol{dot}
        {\encapsulateXMLR{}{\cdot}{}{#3\empty}}
        {#3\empty}}}

however, better si to use

\usemodule[newmml] % soon thsi will be the default

\usemodule[MathML]
           ^^^^^^ mathml

\useXMLfilter[mml,mmp,mmc] % basic mathml/presentational/content

this is then not needed! (the mathml module does this)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE