* (again) PDF info fields
@ 2016-07-17 19:29 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-07-17 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

sorry for insisting in this issue. I may be missing consecuences or
requirements that make impossible its implementation.

I see two inconsistencies in the following output:

  \def\BookTitle{{\itd A \ConTeXt\ Book}}
  \def\BookAuthor{{\sc The Author}}
  \setupinteraction[state=start, title=\BookTitle, author=\BookAuthor]
  \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]
  \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]

  \starttext
  \chapter{\BookTitle}

  \section{\BookAuthor}

  \subsection{\ConTeXt\ is \TeX, but not \LaTeX}
  \stoptext

Would it be possible that PDF info fields can have their contents
prerolled as it happens with bookmarks?

In the bookmarks, \ConTeXt\ is rendered as ConTEXT. Since “The
TeXbook” only mentions \TeX and no \TEX, would it be possible to
preroll \TeX, \ConTeXt and \LaTeX as TeX, ConTeXt and LaTeX?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: (again) PDF info fields
@ 2016-07-17 19:54 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2016-07-17 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try,

\setupdocument
  [metadata:title={\documentvariable{title}},
   metadata:subtitle={\documentvariable{subtitle}},
   metadata:author={\documentvariable{author}},
   metadata:address={\documentvariable{address}},
   metadata:doi={doi:\documentvariable{doi}},
   metadata:keywords={\documentvariable{keywords}}]

\startdocument
  [title={Your title},
   subtitle={your subtitle},
   author={your name},
   address={your address},
   keywords={your keywords},
   abstract={The abstract goes here.\par
             The Abstract and the keywords have to fit in this page.},
    year={2016},
   doi={XXXX}]

\stopdocument

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC

* Re: (again) PDF info fields
@ 2016-07-17 21:09   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-07-17 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/17/2016 09:54 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Try,
>
> \setupdocument
>   [metadata:title={\documentvariable{title}},
>    metadata:subtitle={\documentvariable{subtitle}},
>    metadata:author={\documentvariable{author}},
>    metadata:address={\documentvariable{address}},
>    metadata:doi={doi:\documentvariable{doi}},
>    metadata:keywords={\documentvariable{keywords}}]
>
> \startdocument
>   [title={Your title},
>    subtitle={your subtitle},
>    author={your name},
>    address={your address},
>    keywords={your keywords},
>    abstract={The abstract goes here.\par
>              The Abstract and the keywords have to fit in this page.},
>     year={2016},
>    doi={XXXX}]

> \stopdocument

Hi Alan,

sorry, but this is only a another way of reaching the same result:

    \setupinteraction[state=start]
    \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]
    \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]

    \setupdocument
    [metadata:title={\documentvariable{title}}]

    \startdocument
    [title={\em Your title}]

    \documentvariable{title}
    \section{\documentvariable{title}}
    \stopdocument

I need the expansion (prerolling, or whichever the name is), because the
real source is a more complex XML source and I need only the text, no
commands.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: (again) PDF info fields
@ 2016-07-17 21:42 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-07-17 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/17/2016 9:29 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hans,
>
> sorry for insisting in this issue. I may be missing consecuences or
> requirements that make impossible its implementation.
>
> I see two inconsistencies in the following output:
>
>   \def\BookTitle{{\itd A \ConTeXt\ Book}}
>   \def\BookAuthor{{\sc The Author}}
>   \setupinteraction[state=start, title=\BookTitle, author=\BookAuthor]
>   \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]
>   \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]
>
>   \starttext
>   \chapter{\BookTitle}
>
>   \section{\BookAuthor}
>
>   \subsection{\ConTeXt\ is \TeX, but not \LaTeX}
>   \stoptext
>
> Would it be possible that PDF info fields can have their contents
> prerolled as it happens with bookmarks?

personally i'd never set those fields from macros but directly

anyway, I'll add

\enabledirectives[interaction.identity.preroll]

as yet another example of feature creep

> In the bookmarks, \ConTeXt\ is rendered as ConTEXT. Since “The
> TeXbook” only mentions \TeX and no \TEX, would it be possible to
> preroll \TeX, \ConTeXt and \LaTeX as TeX, ConTeXt and LaTeX?

well, it mentions \TeX but that renders as TEX so changing the
definitions is a bad idea; and you don't want the \ in your case anyway

you can of course do

\appendtoks\def\TEX{TeX}\to\everypreroll

Hans

* Re: (again) PDF info fields
@ 2016-07-18  8:26   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-07-18  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/17/2016 11:42 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Would it be possible that PDF info fields can have their contents
>> prerolled as it happens with bookmarks?
>
> personally i'd never set those fields from macros but directly
>
> anyway, I'll add
>
> \enabledirectives[interaction.identity.preroll]
>
> as yet another example of feature creep

Many thanks for the implementation, Hans.

>> In the bookmarks, \ConTeXt\ is rendered as ConTEXT. Since “The
>> TeXbook” only mentions \TeX and no \TEX, would it be possible to
>> preroll \TeX, \ConTeXt and \LaTeX as TeX, ConTeXt and LaTeX?
>
> well, it mentions \TeX but that renders as TEX so changing the
> definitions is a bad idea; and you don't want the \ in your case anyway
>
> you can of course do
>
> \appendtoks\def\TEX{TeX}\to\everypreroll

This is exactly what I needed.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--