* Re: MathML to PDF conversion
       [not found] <200604191939.k3JJdTx7004377@calderon.math.grinnell.edu>
@ 2006-04-20 22:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-20 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: c

Eugene A. Herman wrote:
> Pragma:
>
> I downloaded your free software that is supposed to enable me to
> convert my XML files (which include some MathML) to PDF. I cannot
> find any documentation on how to use these files to do the conversion.
> (I'm on a Debian Linux network.) Please just give me an example
> of the Unix command that would convert a file named foo.xml to foo.pdf
>
> Thank you for providing this free software!

there is a wiki (contextgarden.org) that tells some bits and pieces

in order to process xml, you need to make a setup:

==== mydoc.tex ======

\usemodule[mathml]

\defineXMlenvironment
  [document]
  {\title{Table of contents}
   \placelist[chapter,section]}

\defineXMLargument [chapter] {\chapter}
\defineXMLargument [section] {\section}

\starttext

\processXMLfilegrouped{whatever.xml}

\stoptext

==== whatever.xml =====

<?xml version='1.0'?>

<document>

<chapter>Something</chapter>

</document>

===== command =====

texexec --pdf mydoc.tex

One can also make mydoc into a style (in which case the \starttext ... is omitted) and say:

texexec --env=mydoc whatever.xml

(you can get more info on the context mailing list; there are users there working with mathml)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-04-20 22:19 UTC | newest]