* itemize question
@ 2006-04-20 15:58 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-04-20 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
is it normal, that the first "margin=5em" is not taken into account, but
the with \setupitemize it works?

Perhaps I misunderstand the second argument of \startitemize.

\starttext
\startitemize[packed][margin=5em]
\item bla
\item bla
\stopitemize

\setupitemize[margin=5em]
\startitemize[packed]
\item bla
\item bla
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: itemize question
@ 2006-04-21 20:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-21 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> Hello,
> is it normal, that the first "margin=5em" is not taken into account, but
> the with \setupitemize it works?
>
> Perhaps I misunderstand the second argument of \startitemize.
>
> \starttext
> \startitemize[packed][margin=5em]
> \item bla
> \item bla
> \stopitemize
>
> \setupitemize[margin=5em]
> \startitemize[packed]
> \item bla
> \item bla
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext

ok, fixed

Hans

* Re: itemize question
@ 2007-07-11 18:03     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-07-11 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>:

>> Right now packedlistitem is for the entire itemgroup rather than for
>> each level.  So, only way around is to use an explicit unpacked
>> somewhere, e.g.,
>>
>> \setupitemize[each][unpacked]
>> \setupitemize[1][packed]
>

> OK, I see. Is this a feature or a (I don't dare to use the b.. word)?

I would call it a feature, simply because when I use packed I want all
levels to be packed. :)

Here is another feature which I found accidentally by forgetting a
\stopitemize.

\startitemize[n]
\item one
\subject {Between}
\item two
\stopitemize

Aditya

* Re: itemize question
@ 2007-07-11 16:43   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-07-11 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Aditya,

>> \starttext
>> \setupitemize[2][packed]
> [...]
>> \setupitemize[1][packed]
>
> so in this example both are packed :)

Right after sending my mail I realized that this could be used against
me :)

> Right now packedlistitem is for the entire itemgroup rather than for
> each level.  So, only way around is to use an explicit unpacked
> somewhere, e.g.,
>
> \setupitemize[each][unpacked]
> \setupitemize[1][packed]

OK, I see. Is this a feature or a (I don't dare to use the b.. word)?

Thanks,

Patrick

* Re: itemize question
@ 2007-07-11 16:19 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-07-11 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>:

> Hi,
>
> I am slightly confused with the second part of the following example.
> IMO only the 1st level should be packed, not the second.
>
> Patrick
>
> \starttext
> \setupitemize[2][packed]
[...]