* make array of tables
@ 2006-04-27 12:33 Dalyoung Jeong
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2006-04-27 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I'd like to display several tables of the same size in an 3*2 array form.
I tried the commands \placetables and \startcombination like in thd dispaly of figures, but it didn't work. My only solution is to use \startcolumns right now.
Is it possible to use \startcombination in some way?
Or, is there any way to perform such a display?

Thank you for reading.

Dalyoung

* Re: make array of tables
@ 2006-04-27 12:47 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-04-27 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

antoher approach could be to place the tables in buffers. Later on call
the buffers with something like
\placefigure
    [middle]
    []
    {none}
    {\startcombination[3*2]
       {\externalfigure[buffer1][type=buffer]}{caption1}
       {\externalfigure[buffer2][type=buffer]}{caption2}
      {\externalfigure[buffer6][type=buffer]}{caption6}
    \stopcombination}

Willi

Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I'd like to display several tables of the same size in an 3*2 array form.
>I tried the commands \placetables and \startcombination like in thd dispaly of figures, but it didn't work. My only solution is to use \startcolumns right now.
>Is it possible to use \startcombination in some way?
>Or, is there any way to perform such a display?
>
>Thank you for reading.
>
>Dalyoung

* Re: make array of tables
@ 2006-04-27 13:47 ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2006-04-27 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27 Apr 2006, at 13:33, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to display several tables of the same size in an 3*2 array
> form.
> I tried the commands \placetables and \startcombination like in thd
> dispaly of figures, but it didn't work. My only solution is to use
> \startcolumns right now.
> Is it possible to use \startcombination in some way?
> Or, is there any way to perform such a display?
>
> Thank you for reading.
>
> Dalyoung

Dear Dalyoung,

Try \placetable   with \startcombination as it is in 'ConTeXt an
excursion' p. 30 and see if that produces what you want.

Best wishes,
Charlie Doherty

* Re: make array of tables
@ 2006-04-27 14:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-27 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to display several tables of the same size in an 3*2 array form.
> I tried the commands \placetables and \startcombination like in thd dispaly of figures, but it didn't work. My only solution is to use \startcolumns right now.
> Is it possible to use \startcombination in some way?
> Or, is there any way to perform such a display?

\startbuffer[a]
your first table
\stopbuffer

etc