* Mixing fonts ?
@ 2006-05-03 10:54 WN
From: WN @ 2006-05-03 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to learn more about font switching (read the font manuals
but to no avail).
The thing I am trying to do is :

* For normal text I want to use the Times-Roman font
* For math's I want to use a different font, i.e. Computer Modern

I think I have to work with typescripts and use combinations of
\setupbodyfont but
I cannot work out the proper combination.

Thanks for any help
Regards
Wim

* Re: Mixing fonts ?
@ 2006-05-03 11:25 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-05-03 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 12:54 +0200, WN wrote:
> I am trying to learn more about font switching (read the font manuals
> but to no avail).
> The thing I am trying to do is :
>
> * For normal text I want to use the Times-Roman font
> * For math's I want to use a different font, i.e. Computer Modern
>
> I think I have to work with typescripts and use combinations of
> \setupbodyfont but
> I cannot work out the proper combination.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Regards
> Wim

This should work:

\usetypescript[modern]
\usetypescript[times][ec]

\definetypeface[MyFace][rm][serif][times][default][encoding=ec]
\definetypeface[MyFace][mm][math][modern][default][encoding=ec]

\setupbodyfont[MyFace,12pt]

There's some interesting stuff on the wiki:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Psnfss

HTH

Thomas

* Re: Mixing fonts ?
@ 2006-05-03 17:06 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-05-03 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wim,

You can have a look into the files in the distribution beginning with
"type-". Most of the free fonts are already defined in those files....

\usetypescript[times][texnansi] ---> get times, this will result in
tx-fonts for math.

Otherwise define your own typeface:

\starttypescript[myfont][texnansi]

\definetypeface[Times-CMR][rm][serif][times][default][encoding=\typescripttwo]
    \definetypeface[Times-CMR][ss][sans] [helvetica] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo,rscale=0.9]
    \definetypeface [Times-CMR] [tt] [mono]  [modern]    [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo,rscale=1.05]
   \definetypeface [Times-CMR] [mm] [math]  [modern]     [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myfont][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[Times-CMR, rm, 12pt]

\starttext
This is Times, \fontname\font
\blank
$$a^2 + b^2 = c^2$$

{\switchtobodyfont[ss,16pt] it works}
\stoptext

Another source for getting into this is the context wiki:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page

Kind regards

Willi