Hi Gerben, here is a solution that works with a local layout. For sure there are better ways to reach your desired style, but I have no experience with this stuff. Greets, Peter Gerben Wierda wrote: > I am having a simple problem I can't solve by reading the manuals. > > I want to quote a fragment of a book which contains amongst others a > discussion (Plato's Protagoras to be precise). Normally, my book has no > whitespace between paragraphs and small indentation, but here I want a > small amount of whitespace between paragraphs and also narrower. I'd like > to setup some form of quotation paragraph style to use. I started out with > \startquotation but I do not want quotes, so now I use startnarrower, but > what I need is a paragraph style. Maybe another font (1pt smaller) is nice > too. And noindenting while the rest of the book uses indenting. > > What I would like to do is something like > > \startBookQuote > \stopBookQuote > > and on the inside I get a small whitespace between paragraphs, no > indentation, a smaller font and a narrower textwidth. > > My last try was: > > \defineparagraphs[BookQuote][n=1,before={\indenting[never]\whitespace\startnarrower},after={\indenting[yes]\nowhitespace\stopnarrower}] > > in my environment file, but that gave me page breaks as soon as > \startBookQuote was given and the quotes themselves do not receive page > breaks, hence a quote more than one page (I have a few) ends up being a > column of one page but just running from the page. > > So, it seems \defineparagraphs is out, because I do not get page breaks > inside the quote. But what should I do? > > Thanks in advance, > > G > > PS. any sight on a decent ConTeXt book, btw? The manuals and wiki seldomly > give me answers that work for me and often I find ConTeXt rather > counterintuitive, e.g. setupparagraphs for something that is a > table/column kind of thing, or confusing (\define vs \setup vs rest) > > > _______________________________________________ > ntg-context mailing list > ntg-context@ntg.nl > http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context > >