* Advance in columnsets/columns?
@ 2006-05-05 14:04 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2006-05-05 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

I've been very busy in the last year or so, so I haven't been able to
follow up change in the ConTeXt. So I dare to ask: Was there some
advance in columnsets and columns in the last year? (I haven't found any
mail in the mail archive on this topic.) I typeset our church bulletin
in the column layout, so I am especially interested in these matters:

1) If there is some automatic balancing of columnsets, that would allow
me to stop the columnset at the middle of the page, balance it
automatically (not manually, I know to do it manually, but it's
bothering), and start a new columnset on the same page. (I know it's on
the edge of TeX possibilities, or beyond perhaps. But Mr. Hagen is a
real Wizard---he has already implemented many things that I thought are
not possible in the TeX.)

2) Or, what would be satisfactory, if the float-placement mechanism of
ordinary columns was improved, so that I would be able to put a float
not only "here", or on the "top", but also in the "bottom" in the two
columns layout.

Many thanks for your kind answer.
Your sincerely
M.K.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-05 14:04 UTC | newest]