* Problem with a french document
@ 2006-05-09 23:04 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-05-09 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I use a "complex" structure for my document (project, product,
environment and components).

The project is allmost empty except for the environment and the product
declarations.
The environment contains all my \usemodule, \setupstuff and fonts
settings (I use texnansi because I can't have correct horizontal spaces
in MetaUML with the EC encoding... and don't want bitmap fonts :) ).
The product obviously contains the project declaration, the
\start-\stoptext and my components.

My question is: What's the best place to put french settings ?
For the moment, I have:

  \useregime[il9]
  \enableencoding[ffr]
  \mainlanguage[fr]

in my product but I have some VERY STRANGE problems with accentuated
characters (I have tried before and after \startproduct...):

1.I have a custom title page defined in a t-title.tex module -> a ô
results in 'ô while è and é are right (maybe a problem with texnansi but
I don't think so)

2.
\setupheadertexts[][{\sl \getmarking[chapter]}]

  \startfrontmatter
    \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
    \setuppagenumber[number=1]
    \chapter{Table des matières}
    \placecontent[alternative=c,criterium=all,interaction=all,partnumber=no]
\stopfrontmatter

results in: Tables des Mati'ères in the header, the toc element and the
chapter title... while other toc elements is ok (with accentuated
characters)

3. same problems with \chapter within backmatter start/stop pair...

I must precise that I have the following error:
TeXUtil | fatal error in plugin processor MySynonyms (wrong argument
type nil (expected Regexp))

I'm going nuts... :-!

Cheers,

Renaud

* Re: Problem with a french document
@ 2006-05-10 12:49 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-05-10 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

(I have solved the punctuation-related problem)
I have tried to make a minimal example but failed in reproducing the
problem... Seems to be a problem in my complex environment. Did one of
yours have already faced this kind of strange problems with accentuated
characters within (front/back)matter and standardmakeup ?

@ 2006-05-10 16:11 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-05-10 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry but I have just see the = instead of 1 in emacs !!! (Dunno how it
was happened)
I have finally checked the coding system of all of my file...

That's ok now...

Take care of your coding system... ;)

Cheers,

Renaud