* Re: No header line on chapter page + potential columnset problem?
@ 2006-05-16  9:19 Ehrt, Michael
From: Ehrt, Michael @ 2006-05-16  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ehrt, Michael wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm having problems with removing the header background
> > from a chapter start page.
>

> you should do it without using backgrounds, like this:
>
>    \setupheader[text][after=\hrule]
>
> Now
>
>    \setupheader[state=empty]
>
> will make the line disappear, without shifting everything.
>
> Cheers, Taco

Great, thanks. Works like magic, with a little adapting even for footers
;-)

Do you know if the column text overrunning the footer when using
state=high is a general problem or "just me"? If it's just me I'll
probably try installing a plain context distribution without miktex on a
separate machine...

Cheers

Michael

* Re: No header line on chapter page + potential columnset problem?
@ 2006-05-16  9:27 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-16  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ehrt, Michael wrote:

> Do you know if the column text overrunning the footer when using
> state=high is a general problem or "just me"? If it's just me I'll
> probably try installing a plain context distribution without miktex on a
> separate machine...

I expect it to be a general problem.
Taco

* Re: No header line on chapter page + potential columnset problem?
@ 2006-05-16  8:59 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-16  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-05-16  6:52 Ehrt, Michael
From: Ehrt, Michael @ 2006-05-16  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I'm having problems with removing the header background from a chapter
start page.

I'm using

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]
\setupheadertexts[part][chapter]

for a header line and part/chapter texts, and

\setupheader[state=empty]

to remove the header texts on the first chapter page. But this doesn't
remove the header line. And if I'm using

\setupheader[state=high]

the line goes away, but
A) the position of the chapter title moves which I don't like and
B) the columnset I'm using runs into the footer on all subsequent pages
that do have the header. It seems as if the columnset uses the increased
textheight from the first page on all subsequent pages. This is also the
case if I use \startcolumns \stopcolumns. Without columns the text
doesn't run into the footer.
If anyone is interested to look into this, I've got a 25 line minimal
example.

I'm using Miktex 2.4.1461 on Windows XP SP2 and have updated the context
package this morning to ver: 2006.04.24 23:37  fmt: 2006.5.16, but since
I'm not a wizard in diagnostics it may still be a problem with my
installation.

But I would really prefer to be able to remove the header background on
the first chapter page anyhow. I don't like to use the state=high option
because I'd like the chapter title to stay where it is...

Cheers

Michael