* ugly bug
@ 2022-06-01 12:03 Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context
From: Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context @ 2022-06-01 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Steffen Wolfrum

Hi,

several times I got problems with my publishing house when they noticed that the headerlines jump up and down on pages that end/begin with qoutes (i.e. smaller interlineskip), see example below: on page 1 the blackrule is about 1mm higher than on page 2.

In the past I then used really laborious workarounds to get these single pages in the correct way (without jumping)… manual pagebreak, re-define layout etc.

But as the pages are hard to find it would be better that the layout would be reliable consistent.

How can this be solved?

Best wishes, Steffen

===

\setupbodyfont[palatino,9.5pt]\setupinterlinespace[13pt]

\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location=]
\setupheader[strut=yes]
\setupheadertexts[text][][\blackrule]

\definepapersize[stw][width=17cm,height=24cm]
\setuppapersize[stw][stw]

\setuplayout
	[width=122mm,
	backspace=18mm,topspace=10mm,
	header=7mm,headerdistance=5.969mm,
	footer=5mm,footerdistance=5mm,height=214.031mm,
	location=middle]

\definedelimitedtext
[narrowtext]
[leftmargin=6mm,rightmargin=0mm]%,

\starttext

%%Test 1:
\dorecurse{6}{\input linden}

%%Test 2:
%\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte}

\start
\startdelimitedtext[narrowtext]
\switchtobodyfont[8pt]\setuplocalinterlinespace[line=11pt]
\input linden\par
\stopdelimitedtext
\stop

\stoptext

* Re: ugly bug
@ 2022-06-02 18:13 ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2022-06-02 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum schrieb am 01.06.2022 um 14:03:
> Hi,
>
> several times I got problems with my publishing house when they noticed that the headerlines jump up and down on pages that end/begin with qoutes (i.e. smaller interlineskip), see example below: on page 1 the blackrule is about 1mm higher than on page 2.
>
> In the past I then used really laborious workarounds to get these single pages in the correct way (without jumping)… manual pagebreak, re-define layout etc.
>
> But as the pages are hard to find it would be better that the layout would be reliable consistent.
>
> How can this be solved?

\defineinterlinespace[steffen][line=4.2ex]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}

\start
%\setuplocalinterlinespace[line=4.2ex]% wrong header alignment
\setuplocalinterlinespace[steffen]% correct header alignment
\dorecurse{4}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
\stop

\dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: ugly bug
@ 2022-06-03 15:05   ` Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context
From: Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context @ 2022-06-03 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 02.06.2022 um 20:13 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>:
>
> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb am 01.06.2022 um 14:03:
>> Hi,
>>
>> several times I got problems with my publishing house when they noticed that the headerlines jump up and down on pages that end/begin with qoutes (i.e. smaller interlineskip), see example below: on page 1 the blackrule is about 1mm higher than on page 2.
>>
>> In the past I then used really laborious workarounds to get these single pages in the correct way (without jumping)… manual pagebreak, re-define layout etc.
>>
>> But as the pages are hard to find it would be better that the layout would be reliable consistent.
>>
>> How can this be solved?
>
> \defineinterlinespace[steffen][line=4.2ex]
>
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
>
> \start
> %\setuplocalinterlinespace[line=4.2ex]% wrong header alignment
> \setuplocalinterlinespace[steffen]% correct header alignment
> \dorecurse{4}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
> \stop
>
> \dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
>
> \stoptext

ok, this minimal example works.

but for other reasons (lots of heading with various vertical spaces)!) I also need \setuplayout[grid=tolerant]

\setuplayout[grid=tolerant]% this kills the smaller interlinespace

\defineinterlinespace[steffen][line=4.2ex]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}

\start
%\setuplocalinterlinespace[line=4.2ex]% wrong header alignment
\setuplocalinterlinespace[steffen]% correct header alignment
\dorecurse{4}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
\stop

\dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}

\stoptext

Any idea how to preserve the smaller interlinespace?
Steffen

* Re: ugly bug
@ 2022-06-03 16:17     ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-06-03 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 6/3/2022 5:05 PM, Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context wrote:

>> Am 02.06.2022 um 20:13 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb am 01.06.2022 um 14:03:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> several times I got problems with my publishing house when they noticed that the headerlines jump up and down on pages that end/begin with qoutes (i.e. smaller interlineskip), see example below: on page 1 the blackrule is about 1mm higher than on page 2.
>>>
>>> In the past I then used really laborious workarounds to get these single pages in the correct way (without jumping)… manual pagebreak, re-define layout etc.
>>>
>>> But as the pages are hard to find it would be better that the layout would be reliable consistent.
>>>
>>> How can this be solved?
>>
>> \defineinterlinespace[steffen][line=4.2ex]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
>>
>> \start
>> %\setuplocalinterlinespace[line=4.2ex]% wrong header alignment
>> \setuplocalinterlinespace[steffen]% correct header alignment
>> \dorecurse{4}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
>> \stop
>>
>> \dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{lorem}\par}
>>
>> \stoptext

the next upload tries to revert to the global setting in the pagebody

Hans