* Framedtext width
@ 2006-05-22 10:54 nico
From: nico @ 2006-05-22 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is there a way (magical option) to have the framedtext width adapt to the
environment width where it is put?

I've tried width=broad, but it always uses the page \textwidth, even if
the framedtext is in an item or something like this. There is the same
behaviour for background too.

An example:

\setuplayout[middle]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\defineframedtext[mybox]
   [width=broad,
    frame=on,
    before=\blank,
    after=\blank]

\starttext

Here is an example:

\startitemize[n]
\item
\input tufte

\startmybox
Some text in the box
\stopmybox

\input tufte
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Regards,
BG

* Re: Framedtext width
@ 2006-05-22 12:42 ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-05-22 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

(Just to say it's a question I was going to post too)

-a-

On 22 May 2006, at 12:54, nico wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way (magical option) to have the framedtext width adapt to
> the
> environment width where it is put?
>
> I've tried width=broad, but it always uses the page \textwidth, even if
> the framedtext is in an item or something like this. There is the same
> behaviour for background too.
>
> An example:
>
> \setuplayout[middle]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \defineframedtext[mybox]
>    [width=broad,
>     frame=on,
>     before=\blank,
>     after=\blank]
>
> \starttext
>
> Here is an example:
>
> \startitemize[n]
> \item
> \input tufte
>
> \startmybox
> Some text in the box
> \stopmybox
>
> \input tufte
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> Regards,
> BG

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Framedtext width
@ 2006-05-22 13:10   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-22 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> (Just to say it's a question I was going to post too)
>
> -a-
>
> On 22 May 2006, at 12:54, nico wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Is there a way (magical option) to have the framedtext width adapt to
>>the environment width where it is put?

\defineframedtext[mybox] [width=local]

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Framedtext width
@ 2006-05-22 13:31     ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-05-22 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22 May 2006, at 15:10, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> \defineframedtext[mybox] [width=local]

Thanks Taco

Definitively, from now on this

\setupframedtexts[width=local]

will be in my preferites

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Background width (was framedtext)
@ 2006-05-22 15:01     ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-05-22 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 May 2006 15:10:21 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
wrote:
> andrea valle wrote:
>> (Just to say it's a question I was going to post too)
>>
>> -a-
>>
>> On 22 May 2006, at 12:54, nico wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there a way (magical option) to have the framedtext width adapt to
>>> the environment width where it is put?
>
> \defineframedtext[mybox] [width=local]

Thanks, It works fine for framedtext! Unfortunately it doesn't help with
background. Another option?

The same case with background instead of framedtext:

\setuplayout[middle]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupbackground
   [background=screen,
    frame=on,
    strut=yes,
    width=local,
    before=\blank,
    after=\blank]

\starttext

Here is an example:

\startitemize[n]
\item
\input tufte

\startbackground
Some backgrounded text
\stopbackground

\input tufte
\stopitemize

Regards,
BG

* Re: Background width (was framedtext)
@ 2006-05-22 18:37       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-22 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 May 2006, nico wrote:

> On Mon, 22 May 2006 15:10:21 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> wrote:
>> andrea valle wrote:
>>> (Just to say it's a question I was going to post too)
>>>
>>> -a-

>> \defineframedtext[mybox] [width=local]
>
> Thanks, It works fine for framedtext! Unfortunately it doesn't help with
> background. Another option?

Again, use textbackground. The following honors the present width

\setuplayout[middle]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\definetextbackground[screen]
    [backgrond=screen,
     frame=on,
     strut=yes,
     width=local,
     location=paragraph]

\starttext
   Here is an example,

\startitemize[n]
   \item \input tufte
    \startscreen
      Some background test
    \stopscreen
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: Framedtext width
@ 2006-05-22 23:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-05-22 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way (magical option) to have the framedtext width adapt to the
> environment width where it is put?
>
> I've tried width=broad, but it always uses the page \textwidth, even if
> the framedtext is in an item or something like this. There is the same
> behaviour for background too.
>
> An example:
>
> \setuplayout[middle]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \defineframedtext[mybox]
>    [width=broad,
>     frame=on,
>     before=\blank,
>     after=\blank]

well, this is what 'local' is for:

\defineframedtext[mybox] [width=local,..]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Framedtext width
@ 2006-05-22 23:22   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-05-22 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> well, this is what 'local' is for:
>
> \defineframedtext[mybox] [width=local,..]

(i hit send button too soon -)

here we can use a keyword but when no such option is present one can say:

\setlocalhsize \hsize\localhsize

as in:

\start \setlocalhsize \hsize\localhsize whatever content \par \stop

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE