* RLXTOOLS ?
@ 2006-05-30 14:10 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2006-05-30 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

How can I make RLXTOOLS to regenerate a figure when its dimensions in
the TeX file are changed? (What I mean is this: For screen version of my
documents I downscale JPGs to 100ppi. But it depends on the size given
by the TeX file. So I'd like RLXTools to regenerate the figure when I change
    \externalfigure[bum.jpg][width=\textwidth]
    \externalfigure[bum.jpg][width=\makeupwidth]
for instance (while in columns).)

How can I get force it to do it?

Many thanks for you kind answer. And many thanks to Mr. Hagen for this
wonderful tool -- it's much better than my semimanual use of Make.

Yours
Michal Kvasnicka

* Re: RLXTOOLS ?
@ 2006-05-30 16:57 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-05-30 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:

> So I'd like RLXTools to regenerate the figure when I change
>     \externalfigure[bum.jpg][width=\textwidth]
>     \externalfigure[bum.jpg][width=\makeupwidth]
> for instance (while in columns).)

Eventually you could give t-degrade.tex a try (available on
http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/ConTeXt/ )
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: RLXTOOLS ?
@ 2006-05-30 23:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-05-30 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
> Good evening.
>
> How can I make RLXTOOLS to regenerate a figure when its dimensions in
> the TeX file are changed? (What I mean is this: For screen version of my
> documents I downscale JPGs to 100ppi. But it depends on the size given
> by the TeX file. So I'd like RLXTools to regenerate the figure when I change
>     \externalfigure[bum.jpg][width=\textwidth]
>     \externalfigure[bum.jpg][width=\makeupwidth]
> for instance (while in columns).)
>
> How can I get force it to do it?

in the default rlxtools.rlx file you will find

    <rl:manipulator name='lowres' suffix='pdf'>
        <rl:old><rl:value name='path'/>/<rl:value name='file'/></rl:old>
        <rl:new><rl:value name='path'/>/<rl:value
name='prefix'/><rl:value name='file'/></rl:new>
        <rl:step>
            texmfstart pstopdf --convert --method=4
            --inputpath=<rl:value name='path'/>
            --outputpath=<rl:value name='path'/>/<rl:value name='prefix'/>
            <rl:value name='file'/>
        </rl:step>
    </rl:manipulator>

so, what you can do is define something  lowres-x and lowres-y and set
the conversion to one of those those depending on the width

tricky but kind of okay is

\definemeasure[whatever][\makeupwidth]

width=\measure{whatever},conversion=lowres-\ifdim\measure{whatever}<\makeupwidth
x\else y\fi,...

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: RLXTOOLS ?
@ 2006-06-01 10:55   ` Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2006-06-01 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Many thanks to you both---I will experiment with both solutions. I would
prefer the RLXTools (being standard in the ConTeXt) but I still can't
imagine how should I make the figure name/conversion dependent on the
size specified in the TeX file (different sizes for different figures).
However, I'll experiment.

Many thanks once more.
M.K.