* Specifying maximum width of a frame
@ 2006-06-13 16:36 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-06-13 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I want to specify the maximum width of a frame. If the size of the
box is smaller than the maximum width, I want a tight box. Something
like

\frame[maxwidth=5cm,align=middle]{Small} should give

+-----+
|small|
+-----+

while \frame[maxwidth=5cm,align=middle]{A very very long line that is
split at 5cm} should give

+----------------------+
|   A very very long   |
|  line that is split  |
|      at 5cm          |
+----------------------+

Is there something builtin that does this, or do I need to play with
scratchbox cum suis.

Aditya

* Re: Specifying maximum width of a frame
@ 2006-06-15 14:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-15 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I want to specify the maximum width of a frame. If the size of the
> box is smaller than the maximum width, I want a tight box. Something
> like
>
> \frame[maxwidth=5cm,align=middle]{Small} should give
>
> +-----+
> |small|
> +-----+
>
> while \frame[maxwidth=5cm,align=middle]{A very very long line that is
> split at 5cm} should give

> |   A very very long   |
> |  line that is split  |
> |      at 5cm          |
>
> Is there something builtin that does this, or do I need to play with
> scratchbox cum suis.

that's a braindead extension; however, it will be 'autowidth=force' (default value is yes) because otherwise we get conflicts with existing maxwidth usage

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE