* splitting tables
@ 2006-06-16 21:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-16 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I will upload an alpha release with a cleaned up table (float) split
mechanism. The splitter works for all three table types, either or not
in floats with repeated head (and tail) sections, optionally with
automatic (may become default) caption height detection etc. It works ok
on some simple test files, but I have no time to test more obscure
situations.

I'm not that sure if everything is downward compatible, but splitting is
always tricky (and demanded some intervention) anyway. So, if you are
using this kind of functionality, go ahead, download and test ..

\setupTABLE[split=repeat]

\input tufte \endgraf
\splitfloat[lines=11]
  {\placetable{\dorecurse{10}{test\recurselevel\endgraf}}}
  {\bTABLE\dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD test \eTD \eTR}\eTABLE}
\input tufte \page

\input tufte \endgraf
\splitfloat[lines=0]
  {}
  {\bTABLE\dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD test \eTD \eTR}\eTABLE}
\input tufte \endgraf \page

\input tufte \endgraf
\bTABLE\dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD test \eTD \eTR}\eTABLE
\input tufte \page

\setuptabulate[split=yes]

\input tufte \endgraf
\splitfloat[lines=11]
  {\placetable{\dorecurse{10}{test\recurselevel\endgraf}}}
  {\starttabulate\dorecurse{200}{\NC test \NC test \NC \NR}\stoptabulate}
\input tufte \page

\input tufte \endgraf
\splitfloat[lines=0]
  {}
  {\starttabulate\dorecurse{200}{\NC test \NC test \NC \NR}\stoptabulate}
\input tufte \page

\input tufte \endgraf
\starttabulate\dorecurse{200}{\NC test \NC test \NC \NR}\stoptabulate
\input tufte \page

\setuptables[split=yes]

\newtoks\TestToks

\TestToks\emptytoks
\appendtoks\starttablehead\to\TestToks
\dorecurse{3}{\appendtoks\VL head \VL head \VL \SR\to\TestToks}
\appendtoks\stoptablehead\to\TestToks
\appendtoks\starttabletail\to\TestToks
\dorecurse{3}{\appendtoks\VL tail \VL tail \VL \SR\to\TestToks}
\appendtoks\stoptabletail\to\TestToks
\appendtoks\starttables[|c|c|]\to\TestToks
\dorecurse{100}{\appendtoks\VL test \VL test \VL \SR\to\TestToks}
\appendtoks\stoptables\to\TestToks

\input tufte \endgraf
\splitfloat[lines=auto] % [lines=11]
  {\placetable{\dorecurse{10}{test\recurselevel\endgraf}}}
  {\the\TestToks}
\input tufte \page

\input tufte \endgraf
\splitfloat[lines=0]
  {}
  {\the\TestToks}
\input tufte \page

\input tufte \endgraf
\the\TestToks
\input tufte \page

Watch the lines=auto option! Mechanisms like this will never be perfect,
but I think that the cleanup is not that bad. Especially the \startable
bits and pieces needs some more testing, but then, i need to cleanup up
that code anyway (write a cleaner version of that whole table mechanism).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: splitting tables
@ 2006-06-17 21:15 ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-17 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'd like to explicitly thank Hans for these changes to the table splitting,
which is giving my thesis the last touches.

Thanks you for your openness towards ConTeXt's users - even the more
obnoxiously insisting ones ;0)

Joh

* Re: splitting tables
@ 2006-06-18 21:10   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-18 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to explicitly thank Hans for these changes to the table splitting,
> which is giving my thesis the last touches.
>
> Thanks you for your openness towards ConTeXt's users - even the more
> obnoxiously insisting ones ;0)

well, it wasn't working ok, so it needed to be fixed ...

Hans