* Bibliography: Cite by author with (co)author index and page number
@ 2006-06-19 14:38 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2006-06-19 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I saw the following nice feature in a book, which I also like to use for
a longer work. The author uses a cite by author style (Sharma, 1979) and
in the citation index:

   Nobody, N. B. and N. N. Nonomens, J. Improper Sci. 12, 199 (2007). 5
   Nonomens, N. N., See Sharma, R. R; Nobody, N. B.
   Sharma R.R and N. N. Nonomens, Phys. Rev. B19, 2813 (1979).  320,
323, 330

where the last numbers are the pages on which one has cited the item.
That way one automatically creates an index of persons, one cites.

One could even link the page numbers to the referrering page.

Tobias

* Re: Bibliography: Cite by author with (co)author index and page number
@ 2006-06-19 14:52 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-19 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw the following nice feature in a book, which I also like to use for
> a longer work. The author uses a cite by author style (Sharma, 1979) and
> in the citation index:
>
>    Nobody, N. B. and N. N. Nonomens, J. Improper Sci. 12, 199 (2007). 5
>    Nonomens, N. N., See Sharma, R. R; Nobody, N. B.
>    Sharma R.R and N. N. Nonomens, Phys. Rev. B19, 2813 (1979).  320,
> 323, 330
>
> where the last numbers are the pages on which one has cited the item.
> That way one automatically creates an index of persons, one cites.
>
> One could even link the page numbers to the referrering page.

Backlinks are on the todo list already. I will start work on that when
I am confident that the current beta is reliable enough for continued
work. Should be relatively simple to add this in the new code, because
every \cite is now also a reference target.

The trick with the author names is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Cheers, Taco