* t-bib and hyperlinkded references?
@ 2006-06-19 17:05 Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-19 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is it possible to make the ConTeXt/t-bib combo producing hyperlinks from the
citation in the text to the bibliography list entry ... used to do that all
the rime with hyperref and LaTeX and don't seem to be able to figure it out
for t-bib ...

Thanks for any hints,

Joh

* Re: t-bib and hyperlinkded references?
@ 2006-06-19 17:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-19 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to make the ConTeXt/t-bib combo producing hyperlinks from the
> citation in the text to the bibliography list entry ... used to do that all
> the rime with hyperref and LaTeX and don't seem to be able to figure it out
> for t-bib ...

At the moment, it depends on the style of citations whether or not
hyperlinking works (it doesn't work for any scheme  with 'compress=yes',
and it also doesn't work for any of the author|+&year combos).

Can be fixed rather easily (tomorrow)

Taco

* Re: t-bib and hyperlinkded references?
@ 2006-06-19 19:08   ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-19 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Can be fixed rather easily (tomorrow)

That would be marvelous!

@ 2006-06-20 13:42     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-20 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>>Can be fixed rather easily (tomorrow)
>
> That would be marvelous!

I've just uploaded a new beta to the modules section at contextgarden.

It took me much longer than I had anticipated, mainly because there
was a massive bug in the per-chapter bibliography code: it generated
duplicate named references for all but the simplest of documents.

I hope to have the bug fixed now, and interaction working as it should.

There is only one limitation, and that will stay: you cannot have
hyperlinks while \setupcite[compress=yes] is in effect.

Cheers, taco

* Re: t-bib and hyperlinkded references?
@ 2006-06-20 17:37       ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-20 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> I've just uploaded a new beta to the modules section at contextgarden.
>
> It took me much longer than I had anticipated, mainly because there
> was a massive bug in the per-chapter bibliography code: it generated
> duplicate named references for all but the simplest of documents.
>
> I hope to have the bug fixed now, and interaction working as it should.
>
> There is only one limitation, and that will stay: you cannot have
> hyperlinks while \setupcite[compress=yes] is in effect.

Thanks Taco!

I run across three problems:
1) with my setup (XML mapped into ConTeXt convolution) the links from
citations exists, but don't point to the right pages in the chapter
specific bibliographies - at least after a single texexec run. Another run
is necessary and everything seems all right.
2) While the linking works for the 'authoryears' citation style, I don't get
any hyperlinks from plain 'authoryear' formated references as well as for
the custom-defined 'authoryearx' ones that go as follows:
\setupcite
    [authoryearx]
    [\c!andtext={ and },
     \c!otherstext={ et al.},
     \c!pubsep={; },
     \c!lastpubsep={; and },
     \c!compress=\v!no,
     \c!inbetween={~},
     \c!left={},
     \c!right={}]
3) The structure of my document looks as follows
        Acknowledgments
        Abstract
        TOC
        LOF
        LOT
        Introduction (chapter with chapter-specific bibliography) ...
I cited some references in the Abstract, which my proofreader wanted to have
listed in the chapter-specific bibliography of the "introduction" chapter,
which I accomplished by re-citing the stuff in the respective chapter
using 'nocite'. Naturally, links in the 'Abstract' don't have anywhere to
point to and the citations appear empty. Do you have any idea how to
overcome that? I'd be already happy if I could override the linking
behavior for the handfull of references in the abstract - meaning: have
hyperlinked references everywhere in the document BUT the abstract.

@ 2006-06-20 18:42         ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-20 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry ... missing some info here ...

Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> I've just uploaded a new beta to the modules section at contextgarden.
>>
>> It took me much longer than I had anticipated, mainly because there
>> was a massive bug in the per-chapter bibliography code: it generated
>> duplicate named references for all but the simplest of documents.
>>
>> I hope to have the bug fixed now, and interaction working as it should.
>>
>> There is only one limitation, and that will stay: you cannot have
>> hyperlinks while \setupcite[compress=yes] is in effect.
>
> Thanks Taco!
>
> I run across three problems:
> 1) with my setup (XML mapped into ConTeXt convolution) the links from
> citations exists, but don't point to the right pages in the chapter
> specific bibliographies - at least after a single texexec run. Another run
> is necessary and everything seems all right.
> 2) While the linking works for the 'authoryears' citation style, I don't
> get any hyperlinks from plain 'authoryear' formated references as well as
> for the custom-defined 'authoryearx' ones that go as follows:
% Enable 'authoryearx' citation call (see below) - Thanks to Taco Hoekwater!
  \def\bibauthoryearxref[#1]%
  {\ixbibauthoryear{#1}%
    {{\currentbibauthor}\bibalternative\c!inbetween
      \bibalternative\v!left{\currentbibyear}\bibalternative\v!right}
    {\bibalternative\c!pubsep{\currentbibauthor}\bibalternative\c!inbetween
      \bibalternative\v!left  {\currentbibyear}\bibalternative\v!right}

{\bibalternative\c!lastpubsep{\currentbibauthor}\bibalternative\c!inbetween
      \bibalternative\v!left  {\currentbibyear}\bibalternative\v!right}
  }

@ 2006-06-20 21:02         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-20 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>>I've just uploaded a new beta to the modules section at contextgarden.
>>
>>It took me much longer than I had anticipated, mainly because there
>>was a massive bug in the per-chapter bibliography code: it generated
>>duplicate named references for all but the simplest of documents.
>>
>>I hope to have the bug fixed now, and interaction working as it should.
>>
>>There is only one limitation, and that will stay: you cannot have
>>hyperlinks while \setupcite[compress=yes] is in effect.
>

> Thanks Taco!
>
> I run across three problems:
> 1) with my setup (XML mapped into ConTeXt convolution) the links from
> citations exists, but don't point to the right pages in the chapter
> specific bibliographies - at least after a single texexec run. Another run
> is necessary and everything seems all right.

I expected that. I'm not sure how to explain to texexec that the
module needs another TeX run to resolved the secondary references.
Will talk to Hans about that.

> 2) While the linking works for the 'authoryears' citation style, I don't get
> any hyperlinks from plain 'authoryear' formated references as well as for

For authoryear, you need a separate \setupcite[authoryear][compress=no]
because the single-argument \setupcite only works for the default type.
Is that the problem (it works for me)?

> the custom-defined 'authoryearx' ones that go as follows:
> \setupcite
>     [authoryearx]

This new defn should do it (untested):

   % Enable 'authoryearx' citation
   \def\bibauthoryearxref[#1]%
     {\ixbibauthoryear{#1}%
       {\bibmaybeinteractive{#1}{{\currentbibauthor}%
        \bibalternative\c!inbetween
        \bibalternative\v!left
        {\currentbibyear}%
        \bibalternative\v!right}}
       {\bibalternative\c!pubsep
        \bibmaybeinteractive{#1}{{\currentbibauthor}%
        \bibalternative\c!inbetween
        \bibalternative\v!left
        {\currentbibyear}%
        \bibalternative\v!right}}
       {\bibalternative\c!lastpubsep
        \bibmaybeinteractive{#1}{{\currentbibauthor}%
        \bibalternative\c!inbetween
        \bibalternative\v!left
        {\currentbibyear}%
        \bibalternative\v!right}}}

> 3) The structure of my document looks as follows

> I cited some references in the Abstract, which my proofreader wanted to have
> listed in the chapter-specific bibliography of the "introduction" chapter,
> which I accomplished by re-citing the stuff in the respective chapter
> using 'nocite'. Naturally, links in the 'Abstract' don't have anywhere to
> point to and the citations appear empty. Do you have any idea how to
> overcome that? I'd be already happy if I could override the linking
> behavior for the handfull of references in the abstract - meaning: have
> hyperlinked references everywhere in the document BUT the abstract.

I'll implement some interaction controls for \cite/\setupcite tomorrow,
since that is the easiest way out. So: new version tomorrow.

Taco

* Re: t-bib and hyperlinkded references?
@ 2006-06-20 22:18           ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-20 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> I run across three problems:
>> 1) with my setup (XML mapped into ConTeXt convolution) the links from
>> citations exists, but don't point to the right pages in the chapter
>> specific bibliographies - at least after a single texexec run. Another
>> run is necessary and everything seems all right.
>
> I expected that. I'm not sure how to explain to texexec that the
> module needs another TeX run to resolved the secondary references.
> Will talk to Hans about that.
Not a biggie ... I can deal for now.

>> 2) While the linking works for the 'authoryears' citation style, I don't
>> get any hyperlinks from plain 'authoryear' formated references as well as
>> for
>
> For authoryear, you need a separate \setupcite[authoryear][compress=no]
> because the single-argument \setupcite only works for the default type.
> Is that the problem (it works for me)?
Thanks!

>> the custom-defined 'authoryearx' ones that go as follows:
>> \setupcite
>>     [authoryearx]
>
> This new defn should do it (untested):
>
>    % Enable 'authoryearx' citation
>    \def\bibauthoryearxref[#1]%
>      {\ixbibauthoryear{#1}%
>        {\bibmaybeinteractive{#1}{{\currentbibauthor}%
>         \bibalternative\c!inbetween
>         \bibalternative\v!left
>         {\currentbibyear}%
>         \bibalternative\v!right}}
>        {\bibalternative\c!pubsep
>         \bibmaybeinteractive{#1}{{\currentbibauthor}%
>         \bibalternative\c!inbetween
>         \bibalternative\v!left
>         {\currentbibyear}%
>         \bibalternative\v!right}}
>        {\bibalternative\c!lastpubsep
>         \bibmaybeinteractive{#1}{{\currentbibauthor}%
>         \bibalternative\c!inbetween
>         \bibalternative\v!left
>         {\currentbibyear}%
>         \bibalternative\v!right}}}
This produces the following error:
Runaway argument?
klose:75,ofarrell:75]\else \processcommalist [authoryearx]\docitation \ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \bibauthoryearxref.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\dodoreadfile ...\preprocesssuffix \or \fi \relax
                                                  \the \everyafterreadfile
\processXMLfilegrouped ...bleXML \processfile {#1}
                                                  \relax \ifmmode \else
\par...
l.65     <include file="../XML/intro.xml"/>

?
I've been unable to pin down where there might be a missing brace ...

> I'll implement some interaction controls for \cite/\setupcite tomorrow,
> since that is the easiest way out. So: new version tomorrow.

Thanks, Taco!

@ 2006-06-21  7:46           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-21  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>
>> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>

>>> I've just uploaded a new beta to the modules section at contextgarden.
>>>
>>> It took me much longer than I had anticipated, mainly because there
>>> was a massive bug in the per-chapter bibliography code: it generated
>>> duplicate named references for all but the simplest of documents.
>>>
>>> I hope to have the bug fixed now, and interaction working as it should.
>>>
>>> There is only one limitation, and that will stay: you cannot have
>>> hyperlinks while \setupcite[compress=yes] is in effect.
>>>
>> Thanks Taco!
>>
>> I run across three problems:
>> 1) with my setup (XML mapped into ConTeXt convolution) the links from
>> citations exists, but don't point to the right pages in the chapter
>> specific bibliographies - at least after a single texexec run. Another run
>> is necessary and everything seems all right.
>>

> I expected that. I'm not sure how to explain to texexec that the
> module needs another TeX run to resolved the secondary references.
> Will talk to Hans about that.

technically it's no big deal because we can add a suffix to for instance

['tub','tuo'].each do |s|
   state.register(File.suffixed(rawbase,s))
end

however, i'm still breeding on a way to signal this externally, i.e. pass this info via the tui file but then i need to do an extra pass over that file etc etc; what is the suffix? tuc (c for citations?) [we also need to purge such files then]

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-06-21  8:57             ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-21  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Joh,

Johannes Graumann wrote:

>>>the custom-defined 'authoryearx' ones that go as follows:
>>>\setupcite
>>>    [authoryearx]
>>
>>This new defn should do it (untested):
>>
>> ..

> This produces the following error:
> Runaway argument?
> klose:75,ofarrell:75]\else \processcommalist [authoryearx]\docitation \ETC.
> ! File ended while scanning use of \bibauthoryearxref.

Maybe a cut&paste error? It works fine over here, on my local
copy of your thesis. Fragment attached

>>I'll implement some interaction controls for \cite/\setupcite tomorrow,
>>since that is the easiest way out. So: new version tomorrow.

I've just uploaded a new version. The new option

   \setupcite[interaction=stop] % default=start

disables hyperlinks.

Taco

[-- Attachment #2: authoryearx.tex --]

* Re: t-bib and hyperlinkded references?
@ 2006-06-21 18:25               ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-21 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Maybe a cut&paste error? It works fine over here, on my local
> copy of your thesis. Fragment attached
Indeed! Sorry for bothering you!

> I've just uploaded a new version. The new option
>
>    \setupcite[interaction=stop] % default=start
>
> disables hyperlinks.
Very nice ... included a
\doifelse{\XMLop{interaction}}{no}
  {\setupcite[interaction=stop]}
  {}
Into my chapter definition and call the abstract chapter with
<chapter interaction="no">
</chapter>

Works just the way I need it.

Thanks!