* Re: frontmatter
       [not found] <mailman.119.1150925775.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22  6:52 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-22  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last
> blank
> > page (strange).
>
> This is normal: 'doublesided' is not equal to 'doublesided '.
> And 'doublesided' requires certainly an even number of pages.

Ohh! But a leading space has no effekt.
What is the exact syntax for parameters?

Wolfgang

From: wwl @ 2006-06-22  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the
> "Schmutztitel".

But a blank page before!

> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. -

No that doesn't help.
And it shouldn't be necessary. Right?

> Something
> fuzzy is at hand with grid=yes.
> If you comment this line then the output is as expected.

I know. I wrote that. I found 3 positions which, commenting this
lines, correct the problem.

But I don't understand WHY this helps and why the example doesn't
works.

> Willi
>

> wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> > Hallo!
> >
> > I am trying to use 'standardmakeup' to produce
> 'Schmutztitel'-page
> > with a following blank page. I think this is what
> > \start\stopstandardmakeup is for (in doublesided environments).
> >
> > But the example bellow has first a blank page and then
> > 'Schmutztitel'.
> >
> > There is a fourth blank page too.
> >
> > -------------------------
> > \setuppagenumbering	[alternative=doublesided]
> > \setuplayout	[
> >                     footer=.04\paperheight,     %1
> >                     grid=yes,                   %2
> >                     marking=on,
> >                     location=middle,
> >                     width=middle,
> >                     height=middle]
> > \starttext
> > \startfrontmatter                               %3
> > \startstandardmakeup
> > Schmutztitel
> > \stopstandardmakeup
> > \stopfrontmatter                                %3
> > bla
> > \stoptext
> > -------------------------
> >
> > My experiments:
> >
> > - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last
> blank
> > page (strange).
> >
> > - uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in
> the
> > correct behaviour.
> >
> > I would like to understand what the problem is and why, for
> example,
> > uncommenting frontmatter solves the problem.
> >
> > I thought frontmatter is the place to do title-things and so.
> >
> > Gr??e, Wolfgang

* Re: Aleph queries
       [not found] <mailman.119.1150925775.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22  7:57 ` Duncan Hothersall
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2006-06-22  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris wrote:

> I doubt it, but something along these lines should do it:
>
> ======
> % tex=aleph output=dvipdfmx
> \pagedir TRT
> \bodydir TRT
> \pardir  TRT
> \textdir TRT
> \hoffset=0pt % bug
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Cow}
>
> \section{Dutch Cow}
>
> \placefigure
> [middle]
> [fig:cow]
> {This is an example of a cow.}
> {\externalfigure[cow][width=1.5in]}
>
> \section{Another Dutch Cow}
>
> \placefigure
> [middle]
> [fig:cow]
> {This is an example of a cow.}
> {\externalfigure[cow][width=1.5in]}
>
> \stoptext
>
> ======
>
> Hmm, seems to work here; maybe Duncan did not use \bodydir TRT?

I agree the above works, but when I use Arabic fonts and content it
doesn't seem to.

I have new tex and pdf files at:

http://www.capdm.com/public/context/figtest.tex
and
http://www.capdm.com/public/context/figtest.pdf

> Hans: How do we configure the "."=>"-" separator?

This I have worked out!

\setupcaption[figure][separator=-]

Doh. Thanks,

Duncan

* Re: Aleph queries
@ 2006-06-22 15:44   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-22 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Hothersall wrote:

> I agree the above works, but when I use Arabic fonts and content it
> doesn't seem to.
>
> I have new tex and pdf files at:
>
> http://www.capdm.com/public/context/figtest.tex
> and
> http://www.capdm.com/public/context/figtest.pdf

hm, some weird interaction between opt's and directions and context reversing numbers ... i must look into it

what we need is a test doc with all relevant typo concepts that needs special treatment (either or not reversion) so that we can deal with all of them

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Aleph queries
@ 2006-06-23  8:35   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-23  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Hothersall wrote:

> I agree the above works, but when I use Arabic fonts and content it
> doesn't seem to.

still puzzling

things like this (imo) conform that the ability to typeset in multiple directions not means that one claim to have a multilingual tex

the problem is that there's always a mixture between this auto r/l stuff and explicit r/l stuff and one never knows (also depends on the otp's it seems) what happens: now we can have situations that the input parser reverse things that are already reversed and one never knows why/where (since those opt's have kind of unpredictable side effects (apart from bugs - i just ran out of mem again)

figure [num1] . [num2] . [num3]

should come out as

 [num3] . [num2] . [num1] erugif

depending on when an otp decides that it should stop we get something else In any case, the num snippets needs to be otp'd in order to get proper arab, at the same time there's this *dir stuff, ...

(omega was never made for such things, only simple docs with straightforward input, not too much macro package stuff involved)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Aleph queries
@ 2006-06-23  8:55   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-23  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Hothersall wrote:
> Idris wrote:
>

>> I doubt it, but something along these lines should do it:
>>
>> ======
>> % tex=aleph output=dvipdfmx
>> \pagedir TRT
>> \bodydir TRT
>> \pardir  TRT
>> \textdir TRT
>> \hoffset=0pt % bug
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \chapter{Cow}
>>
>> \section{Dutch Cow}
>>
>> \placefigure
>> [middle]
>> [fig:cow]
>> {This is an example of a cow.}
>> {\externalfigure[cow][width=1.5in]}
>>
>> \section{Another Dutch Cow}
>>
>> \placefigure
>> [middle]
>> [fig:cow]
>> {This is an example of a cow.}
>> {\externalfigure[cow][width=1.5in]}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> ======
>>
>> Hmm, seems to work here; maybe Duncan did not use \bodydir TRT?

I tend to think that we should start with

\def\ArabicUTF
  {\ArabicDirGlobal
   \usefiltersequence[UTFArabic]%
%    \reversesectionnumberstrue
   \switchtobodyfont[omarb]%
   \ArabicDirGlobal}

\ArabicUTF

\setuplabeltext[figure=استخلاØ~]

so, no reversing; the question is, why isn't this piece reflected in arab while ok in reflected english

Hans

* Re: Aleph queries
@ 2006-06-23  9:32     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-23  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Hans Hagen wrote:

> figure [num1] . [num2] . [num3]
>
> should come out as
>
>  [num3] . [num2] . [num1] erugif

We discovered that the arabic contextual analyzation OTP assumes
that any sequence of [0-9.+-]+ is a single number and should be
typeset in TLT mode.

For figure numbers and version numbers etcetera this assumption
is wrong (they are multiple numbers concatenated together).

A trick (?) is to change the separator such that the number
parsing in the otp see separate numbers as well:

   \setupcaptions[separator={{.}}]

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Aleph queries
@ 2006-06-23 11:08       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-23 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> figure [num1] . [num2] . [num3]
>>
>> should come out as
>>
>>  [num3] . [num2] . [num1] erugif
>>

> We discovered that the arabic contextual analyzation OTP assumes
> that any sequence of [0-9.+-]+ is a single number and should be
> typeset in TLT mode.

just curious: does this make sense? why is this?
> For figure numbers and version numbers etcetera this assumption
> is wrong (they are multiple numbers concatenated together).
>
> A trick (?) is to change the separator such that the number
> parsing in the otp see separate numbers as well:
>
>    \setupcaptions[separator={{.}}]

or a bit more extensive:

\def\ArabicUTF
  {\ArabicDirGlobal
   \usefiltersequence[UTFArabic]%
   % not needed:   \reversesectionnumberstrue
   \switchtobodyfont[omarb]}

\setupheads   [separator={{.}}]
\setupcaptions[separator={{.}}]

 this still gives problems with refering to a graphic but for that we need more hackery

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22 23:29   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-06-22 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
>> "Schmutztitel".
>> Something

>> place:
>> setting.

>>> the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due
>> to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that
>> (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that
>> it was textheight related)
>>> Hans
>> Good news the bug was fixed.
>>
>> What I proposed was not related to mentioned error. It just recalled
>> me
>> this problem of coupled 'page' option and the need to be split.
>>
>> Vit
>
> Can you make a little example where a split 'page' option is from
> use?

When you want the frontmatter starts et right (odd) page and mainmatter
at arbitrary one.

Setting:
   \setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=right]
put
   \page[right]
at
   \startfrontmatter
and also at
   \stopfrontmatter
and that is why following mainmatter may skip even page starting at
right one. My solution is above but it is not user friendly.

Vit

> Wolfgang

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com

* Re: frontmatter
       [not found] <mailman.136.1151003446.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22 22:35 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.133.1150985650.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22 22:35 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due
> to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that
> (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that
> it was textheight related)
>
> Hans

Thank you, Hans and Taco!

It works now as expected.

Wolfgang

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22 19:10       ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-06-22 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-06-22 13:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-22 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>
>> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the "Schmutztitel".
>> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. - Something
>>

> Moreover:
>
> page=yes|right|... makes the same page break setting to both place:
> start...matter and stop...matter. I ussually need a different setting.
> For now I am solving it by
>
> \setupsectionblock
>    [frontpart]
>    [page=right,
>     after={\setvalue{\??sb\@@sectionblock\c!page}{}}]

the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that it was textheight related)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22  9:15   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-06-22  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the "Schmutztitel".
> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. - Something

Moreover:

page=yes|right|... makes the same page break setting to both place:
start...matter and stop...matter. I ussually need a different setting.
For now I am solving it by

\setupsectionblock
   [frontpart]
   [page=right,
    after={\setvalue{\??sb\@@sectionblock\c!page}{}}]

but it is not elegant. Can be introduced pagestart|pagestop?

Vit

@ 2006-06-21 20:49 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-06-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I am trying to use 'standardmakeup' to produce 'Schmutztitel'-page
> with a following blank page. I think this is what
> \start\stopstandardmakeup is for (in doublesided environments).
>
> But the example bellow has first a blank page and then
> 'Schmutztitel'.
>
> There is a fourth blank page too.
>
> -------------------------
> \setuppagenumbering	[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuplayout	[
>                     footer=.04\paperheight,     %1
>                     grid=yes,                   %2
>                     marking=on,
>                     location=middle,
>                     width=middle,
>                     height=middle]
> \starttext
> \startfrontmatter                               %3
> \startstandardmakeup
> Schmutztitel
> \stopstandardmakeup
> \stopfrontmatter                                %3
> bla
> \stoptext
> -------------------------
>
> My experiments:
>
> - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last blank
> page (strange).
>
> - uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in the
> correct behaviour.
>
> I would like to understand what the problem is and why, for example,
> uncommenting frontmatter solves the problem.
>
> I thought frontmatter is the place to do title-things and so.
>
> Grüße, Wolfgang

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-21 19:33 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-06-21 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 wwl@musensturm.de wrote:

> - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last blank
> page (strange).

This is normal: 'doublesided' is not equal to 'doublesided '.
And 'doublesided' requires certainly an even number of pages.

> - uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in the
> correct behaviour.

Yes, very strange. It seems to be the combination of

- footer=...
- grid=yes
- height=middle
- \startfrontmatter