* frontmatter
@ 2006-06-21 18:02 wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-21 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

I am trying to use 'standardmakeup' to produce 'Schmutztitel'-page
with a following blank page. I think this is what
\start\stopstandardmakeup is for (in doublesided environments).

But the example bellow has first a blank page and then
'Schmutztitel'.

There is a fourth blank page too.

-------------------------
\setuppagenumbering	[alternative=doublesided]
\setuplayout	[
                    footer=.04\paperheight,     %1
                    grid=yes,                   %2
                    marking=on,
                    location=middle,
                    width=middle,
                    height=middle]
\starttext
\startfrontmatter                               %3
\startstandardmakeup
Schmutztitel
\stopstandardmakeup
\stopfrontmatter                                %3
bla
\stoptext
-------------------------

My experiments:

- a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last blank
page (strange).

- uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in the
correct behaviour.

I would like to understand what the problem is and why, for example,
uncommenting frontmatter solves the problem.

I thought frontmatter is the place to do title-things and so.

Grüße, Wolfgang

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-21 19:33 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-06-21 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 wwl@musensturm.de wrote:

> - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last blank
> page (strange).

This is normal: 'doublesided' is not equal to 'doublesided '.
And 'doublesided' requires certainly an even number of pages.

> - uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in the
> correct behaviour.

Yes, very strange. It seems to be the combination of

- footer=...
- grid=yes
- height=middle
- \startfrontmatter
- \startstandardmakeup

that produces a first blank page...

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-21 20:49 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-06-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the "Schmutztitel".
So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. - Something
fuzzy is at hand with grid=yes.
If you comment this line then the output is as expected.

Willi

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I am trying to use 'standardmakeup' to produce 'Schmutztitel'-page
> with a following blank page. I think this is what
> \start\stopstandardmakeup is for (in doublesided environments).
>
> But the example bellow has first a blank page and then
> 'Schmutztitel'.
>
> There is a fourth blank page too.
>
> -------------------------
> \setuppagenumbering	[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuplayout	[
>                     footer=.04\paperheight,     %1
>                     grid=yes,                   %2
>                     marking=on,
>                     location=middle,
>                     width=middle,
>                     height=middle]
> \starttext
> \startfrontmatter                               %3
> \startstandardmakeup
> Schmutztitel
> \stopstandardmakeup
> \stopfrontmatter                                %3
> bla
> \stoptext
> -------------------------
>
> My experiments:
>
> - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last blank
> page (strange).
>
> - uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in the
> correct behaviour.
>
> I would like to understand what the problem is and why, for example,
> uncommenting frontmatter solves the problem.
>
> I thought frontmatter is the place to do title-things and so.
>
> Grüße, Wolfgang

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22  9:15   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-06-22  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the "Schmutztitel".
> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. - Something

Moreover:

page=yes|right|... makes the same page break setting to both place:
start...matter and stop...matter. I ussually need a different setting.
For now I am solving it by

\setupsectionblock
   [frontpart]
   [page=right,
    after={\setvalue{\??sb\@@sectionblock\c!page}{}}]

but it is not elegant. Can be introduced pagestart|pagestop?

Vit

> fuzzy is at hand with grid=yes.
> If you comment this line then the output is as expected.
>

> Willi
>

> wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
>> Hallo!
>>
>> I am trying to use 'standardmakeup' to produce 'Schmutztitel'-page
>> with a following blank page. I think this is what
>> \start\stopstandardmakeup is for (in doublesided environments).
>>
>> But the example bellow has first a blank page and then
>> 'Schmutztitel'.
>>
>> There is a fourth blank page too.
>>
>> -------------------------
>> \setuppagenumbering	[alternative=doublesided]
>> \setuplayout	[
>>                     footer=.04\paperheight,     %1
>>                     grid=yes,                   %2
>>                     marking=on,
>>                     location=middle,
>>                     width=middle,
>>                     height=middle]
>> \starttext
>> \startfrontmatter                               %3
>> \startstandardmakeup
>> Schmutztitel
>> \stopstandardmakeup
>> \stopfrontmatter                                %3
>> bla
>> \stoptext
>> -------------------------
>>
>> My experiments:
>>
>> - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last blank
>> page (strange).
>>
>> - uncommenting the lines in position 1,2,3 exclusivly results in the
>> correct behaviour.
>>
>> I would like to understand what the problem is and why, for example,
>> uncommenting frontmatter solves the problem.
>>
>> I thought frontmatter is the place to do title-things and so.
>>
>> Grüße, Wolfgang

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22 13:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-22 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>
>> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the "Schmutztitel".
>> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. - Something
>>

> Moreover:
>
> page=yes|right|... makes the same page break setting to both place:
> start...matter and stop...matter. I ussually need a different setting.
> For now I am solving it by
>
> \setupsectionblock
>    [frontpart]
>    [page=right,
>     after={\setvalue{\??sb\@@sectionblock\c!page}{}}]

the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that it was textheight related)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22 19:10       ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-06-22 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>> Willi Egger wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>>
>>> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the "Schmutztitel".
>>> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. - Something
>>>
>> Moreover:
>>
>> page=yes|right|... makes the same page break setting to both place:
>> start...matter and stop...matter. I ussually need a different setting.
>> For now I am solving it by
>>
>> \setupsectionblock
>>    [frontpart]
>>    [page=right,
>>     after={\setvalue{\??sb\@@sectionblock\c!page}{}}]
>>
> the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that it was textheight related)
>
> Hans

Good news the bug was fixed.

What I proposed was not related to mentioned error. It just recalled me
this problem of coupled 'page' option and the need to be split.

Vit

* Re: frontmatter
@ 2006-06-22 23:29   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-06-22 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
>> "Schmutztitel".
>> Something

>> place:
>> setting.

>>> the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due
>> to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that
>> (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that
>> it was textheight related)
>>> Hans
>> Good news the bug was fixed.
>>
>> What I proposed was not related to mentioned error. It just recalled
>> me
>> this problem of coupled 'page' option and the need to be split.
>>
>> Vit
>
> Can you make a little example where a split 'page' option is from
> use?

When you want the frontmatter starts et right (odd) page and mainmatter
at arbitrary one.

Setting:
   \setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=right]
put
   \page[right]
at
   \startfrontmatter
and also at
   \stopfrontmatter
and that is why following mainmatter may skip even page starting at
right one. My solution is above but it is not user friendly.

Vit

       [not found] <mailman.136.1151003446.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22 22:35 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.133.1150985650.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22 22:35 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> the problem has to do with an overflow of makeup in grid mode (due
> to already present mark reset nodes); i uploaded a beta that
> (hopefully) corrects the problem (thanks to taco for analyzing that
> it was textheight related)
>
> Hans

Thank you, Hans and Taco!

It works now as expected.

Wolfgang

* Re: frontmatter
       [not found] <mailman.119.1150925775.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-06-22  6:52 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-06-22  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I tried your code. Indeed there is no blank page after the
> "Schmutztitel".

But a blank page before!

> So you need to add to the \startstandardmakeup[page=yes]. -

No that doesn't help.
And it shouldn't be necessary. Right?

> Something
> fuzzy is at hand with grid=yes.
> If you comment this line then the output is as expected.

I know. I wrote that. I found 3 positions which, commenting this
lines, correct the problem.

But I don't understand WHY this helps and why the example doesn't
works.

From: wwl @ 2006-06-22  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > - a space-char between 'doublesided' and ']' removes the last
> blank
> > page (strange).
>
> This is normal: 'doublesided' is not equal to 'doublesided '.
> And 'doublesided' requires certainly an even number of pages.

Ohh! But a leading space has no effekt.
What is the exact syntax for parameters?

Wolfgang