* Iwona Heavy and Math
@ 2006-06-25  7:16 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-06-25  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
  I am simply trying out different math fonts available, and found
iwona-heavy to be "strange". Look at the output of

\usetypescript [iwona-heavy][ec]
\setupbodyfont[iwona-heavy,ss,11pt]

\starttext
This is some test
\startformula
   \Pr(A = B) = \frac 12
\stopformula
\stoptext

The math is much bolder than the text. Is this by design?

Aditya

* Re: Iwona Heavy and Math
@ 2006-06-25  7:19 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-06-25  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am simply trying out different math fonts available, and found
> iwona-heavy to be "strange". Look at the output of

For greater constrast try

\usetypescript [iwona-heavy][ec]
\setupbodyfont[iwona-heavy,ss,11pt]

\starttext
This is some test
$
   \Pr(A = B) = \frac ab
$

@ 2006-06-25  8:18   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-25  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>> I am simply trying out different math fonts available, and found
>>iwona-heavy to be "strange". Look at the output of

The relevant definition block is missing from type-syn.tex:

\starttypescript [sans] [iwona-heavy] [name]
   \setups[font:fallback:sans]
   \definefontsynonym [Sans]               [Iwona-Heavy]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]         [Iwona-HeavyItalic]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansBold]           [Iwona-Heavy]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]     [Iwona-HeavyItalic]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]           [Iwona-CapsHeavy]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansItalicCaps]     [Iwona-CapsHeavyItalic]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansBoldCaps]       [Iwona-CapsHeavy]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalicCaps] [Iwona-CapsHeavyItalic]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\stoptypescript

* Re: Iwona Heavy and Math
@ 2006-06-25 16:11     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-25 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am simply trying out different math fonts available, and found
>>> iwona-heavy to be "strange". Look at the output of
>>>

> The relevant definition block is missing from type-syn.tex:

ok, added

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Iwona Heavy and Math
@ 2006-06-25 17:27     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-06-25 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am simply trying out different math fonts available, and found
>>> iwona-heavy to be "strange". Look at the output of
>>

> The relevant definition block is missing from type-syn.tex:
>

> \starttypescript [sans] [iwona-heavy] [name]
>   \setups[font:fallback:sans]
>   \definefontsynonym [Sans]               [Iwona-Heavy]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]         [Iwona-HeavyItalic]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansBold]           [Iwona-Heavy]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]     [Iwona-HeavyItalic]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]           [Iwona-CapsHeavy]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansItalicCaps]     [Iwona-CapsHeavyItalic]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansBoldCaps]       [Iwona-CapsHeavy]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
>   \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalicCaps] [Iwona-CapsHeavyItalic]
> [encoding=\typescriptthree]
> \stoptypescript

Thanks, this looks more consistent

Aditya