* Index sorting again
@ 2006-06-27 12:44 Richard Gabriel
From: Richard Gabriel @ 2006-06-27 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

I'd like to remind the 2 persisting problems with the index sorting.

1. Numbers are sorted under A
2. Symbols are sorted under the first letter which follows.

See the attached test file.
Both these issues are independent on language and on the expansion type.

Proposed solution:

1. Sort numbers into separate divisions
2. Sort symbols to a special division called "Symbols"

Could you please look into it?
May I help you any further (except the attached test file)?

Many thanx,
Richard

[-- Attachment #2: test-002.tex --]

* Re: Index sorting again
@ 2006-06-29 12:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-29 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Gabriel wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> I'd like to remind the 2 persisting problems with the index sorting.
>
> 1. Numbers are sorted under A
> 2. Symbols are sorted under the first letter which follows.
>
> See the attached test file.
> Both these issues are independent on language and on the expansion type.
>
> Proposed solution:
>
> 1. Sort numbers into separate divisions
> 2. Sort symbols to a special division called "Symbols"
>
> Could you please look into it?
> May I help you any further (except the attached test file)?
the question is ... where do they need to end up

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Index sorting again
@ 2006-07-03  6:41 Richard Gabriel
From: Richard Gabriel @ 2006-07-03  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd consider it more trasparent...
But, anyway, Hans has already fixed this problem and he has made it the first way (i.e. symbols including numbers in one group and then the letters). I guess it's OK and consistent with the DocBook XSLT stylesheets which I use for the HTML output.

-Richard

  _____

From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-06-30 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/29/06, Richard Gabriel wrote:

>  For example, the DocBook XSLT stylesheets (http://docbook.sourceforge.net/)
> solve it this way:
>
> Symbols (anything unsortable, including numbers)
>

> ---
> I'd suggest a bit better way:
>
> Symbols
> 1