* Gridding-Problems with Adobe Garamond
@ 2013-04-12  6:14 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-04-12  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi there,

thanks to helpful answers from here (as always:) Adobe Garamond Pro does
work now. But today a new problem arises, I hope I made this example
minimal enough:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
\setuplayout [grid=yes]

\usemodule[simplefonts]

\setmainfont[AGaramondPro]

\starttext

erscheint, aber stetig und beständig ist, hat vor Gott mehr Wert als
das, das du zwar auch fortlaufend, doch ohne innere Überzeugung erfüllst.

\stoptext
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It seems that gridding does not work properly here, as you see, we have
an empty line after "zwar auch", why, and how to fix this? (If you do
not have this font, look at the attachment.) And if the reason is not
clear (as gridding conflicts some times with other rules without obvious
reason), is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Huseyin

[-- Attachment #2: gridding_garamond.pdf --]

* Re: Gridding-Problems with Adobe Garamond
@ 2013-04-12  9:09 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-12  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.04.2013 um 08:14 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hi there,
>
> thanks to helpful answers from here (as always:) Adobe Garamond Pro does work now. But today a new problem arises, I hope I made this example minimal enough:
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> \setuplayout [grid=yes]
>

> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>
> \setmainfont[AGaramondPro]
>

> \starttext
>
> erscheint, aber stetig und beständig ist, hat vor Gott mehr Wert als das, das du zwar auch fortlaufend, doch ohne innere Überzeugung erfüllst.
>
> \stoptext
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> It seems that gridding does not work properly here, as you see, we have an empty line after "zwar auch", why, and how to fix this? (If you do not have this font, look at the attachment.) And if the reason is not clear (as gridding conflicts some times with other rules without obvious reason), is there a workaround?

Does this also happen when you use the typescript for your garamond?

Can you also add \showgrid to your document to visualize the grid lines.

Wolfgang

* Re: Gridding-Problems with Adobe Garamond
@ 2013-04-12 10:18 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-04-12 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> You can increase the linespacing with a relative
>
>    \setupinterlinespace[line=3.2ex] % default: line=2.8ex
>
> or a absolute
>
>    \setupinterlinespace[line=14pt]

Ok, thanks, that works. Should ConTeXt not choose automatically the
correct value? But thanks for now!

Huseyin

* Re: Gridding-Problems with Adobe Garamond
@ 2013-04-12 10:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-12 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.04.2013 um 11:19 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> Does this also happen when you use the typescript for your garamond?
>>
>> Can you also add \showgrid to your document to visualize the grid lines.
>
> Yes, it does:
>
> ++++++++++++++++
> \starttypescript [serif] [nimbus]
>
> \definefontsynonym [Serif] [file:AGaramondPro-Regular.otf]
>
> \definefontsynonym [SerifBold] [file:AGaramondPro-Bold.otf]
>
> \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic] [file:AGaramondPro-Italic.otf]
>
> \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [file:AGaramondPro-BoldItalic.otf]
>
> \stoptypescript
>
> \definetypeface [nimbus] [rm] [serif] [nimbus] [default] [features=default]
>
> \setupbodyfont[nimbus,rm,12pt]
>

> \setuplayout [grid=yes]
>
> \showgrid
>
> \starttext
>

> erscheint, aber stetig und beständig ist, hat vor Gott mehr Wert als das, das du zwar auch fortlaufend, doch ohne innere Überzeugung erfüllst.\blank
>

> erscheint, aber stetig und beständig ist, hat vor Gott mehr Wert als das, das du zwar auch fortlaufend, doch ohne innere Uberzeugung erfüllst.
>

> \stoptext
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> You can see in the example, that I could find the reason for this: It is the height of the letter "Ü". See attachment, is this fixable?

You can increase the linespacing with a relative

  \setupinterlinespace[line=3.2ex] % default: line=2.8ex

or a absolute

  \setupinterlinespace[line=14pt]

value.

Wolfgang

* Re: Gridding-Problems with Adobe Garamond
@ 2013-04-12  9:19 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-04-12  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context