* tempdir support in texexec.rb
@ 2006-07-17 14:23 Matthias Wächter
From: Matthias Wächter @ 2006-07-17 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Naively, I thought that the --tempdir option would allow the 'temporary' files created/updated at a run of texexec be written to whatever is given as --tempdir=/dir/, but it doesn't work, the files remain in the current directory. Additionally, --output seems to disallow the output be put into another directory (it's always put into `pwd`).

Is there a (better?) way to specify where these files should go?

What I'd expect is a directory layout like the following:

files/
      onesource.tex
      env.tex
      othersource.tex
      project.tex
      out/
          project.pdf
      tmp/
          project.tmp
          project.log
          project.tui
          project.tuo
          mpgraph.mp
          project-mpgraph.mp

as a result of

$ cd files/
$ texexec --pdf --tempdir=tmp --output=out/project.pdf project

Is /me the only one who desires such a split?

- Matthias