* Rescaling pages
@ 2006-07-19 14:52 Olaf Mersmann
From: Olaf Mersmann @ 2006-07-19 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi List,

I have a booklet typset on A5 paper with an A5 pagesize (one page per
sheet). The printer-shop wants the pages enlarged to A4, so that they
can scale them back down to A5 and imposition 2 on an A4 sheet. Don't
ask me why they want this. I don't know.

Is it possible to easily do this from within context or what are my
options?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Olaf

* Re: Rescaling pages
@ 2006-07-19 15:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-19 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olaf Mersmann wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a booklet typset on A5 paper with an A5 pagesize (one page per
> sheet). The printer-shop wants the pages enlarged to A4, so that they
> can scale them back down to A5 and imposition 2 on an A4 sheet. Don't
> ask me why they want this. I don't know.
>
> Is it possible to easily do this from within context or what are my
> options?

just impose with context and give them A4 (direct imposition or by using texexec)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Rescaling pages
@ 2006-07-19 15:51 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-07-19 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olaf Mersmann wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a booklet typset on A5 paper with an A5 pagesize (one page per
> sheet). The printer-shop wants the pages enlarged to A4, so that they
> can scale them back down to A5 and imposition 2 on an A4 sheet. Don't
> ask me why they want this. I don't know.
>
> Is it possible to easily do this from within context or what are my
> options?

What Hans said, or (just in case they really do not know what to do):

   \setuppapersize[A4][A4]
   \setuplayout[page]
   \starttext
   \copypages[booklet.pdf][scale=1414]
   \stoptext

They probably missed the "Expand small pages to paper size" setting in
the print dialog of the Acrobat Reader, though.

Cheers, Taco