* staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-18 10:58 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-18 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Considering the test http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/
I have some problems using lucida:

texexec gives some warnings:
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --dpi
420 texnansi-raw-lbr
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-lbr.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

and the resulting pdf leads to "Could not find a font in the Resources
dictionary"...

Moreover, I don't want to use pk...

How to solve this problem to embed lucida into test-3d_kin_foreground.pdf ?
Another point: I am affraid that test.pdf embed lucida twice once one
can embed the font into the staticMPfigure's pdf...

May I have to continue with my old MPgraphics or I'd rather replace them
by staticMPfigure ?

Cheers,

Renaud

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-18 12:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-18 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Considering the test http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/
> I have some problems using lucida:
>
> texexec gives some warnings:
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --dpi
> 420 texnansi-raw-lbr
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-lbr.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>
> and the resulting pdf leads to "Could not find a font in the Resources
> dictionary"...
>
> Moreover, I don't want to use pk...
>
> How to solve this problem to embed lucida into
> test-3d_kin_foreground.pdf ?
> Another point: I am affraid that test.pdf embed lucida twice once one
> can embed the font into the staticMPfigure's pdf...
>
> May I have to continue with my old MPgraphics or I'd rather replace
> them by staticMPfigure ?
the statics don't work well with text, i need to figure out why

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-18 15:45   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-07-18 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Considering the test http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/
>> I have some problems using lucida:
>>
>> texexec gives some warnings:
>> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --dpi
>> 420 texnansi-raw-lbr
>> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-lbr.
>> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>>
>> and the resulting pdf leads to "Could not find a font in the Resources
>> dictionary"...
>>
>> Moreover, I don't want to use pk...
>>
>> How to solve this problem to embed lucida into
>> test-3d_kin_foreground.pdf ?
>> Another point: I am affraid that test.pdf embed lucida twice once one
>> can embed the font into the staticMPfigure's pdf...
>>
>> May I have to continue with my old MPgraphics or I'd rather replace
>> them by staticMPfigure ?
> the statics don't work well with text, i need to figure out why

Something very strange is happening here. Looks like a typescript
same problem appears with palatino also.

This does not work

\startMPenvironment
   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
\stopMPenvironment

\starttext
\startMPpage
   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

While this works.

   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
\startMPenvironment
   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
\stopMPenvironment

\starttext
\startMPpage
   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
\stopMPpage

\stoptext

The same thing happens in

\starttext
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\startTEXpage
   \convertMPtoPDF{t1-mpgraph.1}{1}{1}
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

where t1-mpgraph.1 is the eps file created by the first file.

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%BoundingBox: -13 3 13 11
%%HiResBoundingBox: -12.17421 3 12.1742 10.4221
%%Creator: MetaPost 0.901
%%CreationDate: 2006.07.18:1134
%%Pages: 1
%%DocumentFonts: rpxpplri pplr8r
%%BeginProlog
  /rpxpplri /rpxpplri def
  /pplr8r /pplr8r def
/fshow {exch findfont exch scalefont setfont show}bind def
%%EndProlog
%%Page: 1 1
%%HiResBoundingBox: -12.17421 3 12.1742 10.4221
-12.17421 3.2142 moveto
(a) rpxpplri 9.96265 fshow
-5.26021 3.2142 moveto
(\002rst) pplr8r 9.96265 fshow
showpage
%%EOF

This explains why --mpgraphic switch does not work as expected, and
thus staticMPfigure does not work.

I do not know how to make this work.

Aditya

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-18 22:13     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-18 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Considering the test http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/
>>> I have some problems using lucida:
>>>
>>> texexec gives some warnings:
>>> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --dpi
>>> 420 texnansi-raw-lbr
>>> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-lbr.
>>> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>>>
>>> and the resulting pdf leads to "Could not find a font in the Resources
>>> dictionary"...
>>>
>>> Moreover, I don't want to use pk...
>>>
>>> How to solve this problem to embed lucida into
>>> test-3d_kin_foreground.pdf ?
>>> Another point: I am affraid that test.pdf embed lucida twice once one
>>> can embed the font into the staticMPfigure's pdf...
>>>
>>> May I have to continue with my old MPgraphics or I'd rather replace
>>> them by staticMPfigure ?
>>>
>> the statics don't work well with text, i need to figure out why
>>

> Something very strange is happening here. Looks like a typescript
> same problem appears with palatino also.

first a simplication of the example code:

    \startMPenvironment[global]
      \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
      \loadmapfile[texnansi-bh-lucida.map]
      \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
      \setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt]
    \stopMPenvironment

the global directive makes the env transparent for the doc

anyhow, the problem is that in a mp to pdf conversion the mapo info got lost; i patched texexec a bit and it works ok now here (needs some testing with other mp stuff)

Han s

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-21 15:45     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-07-21 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Considering the test http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/
>>> I have some problems using lucida:
>>>
>>> texexec gives some warnings:
>>> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --dpi
>>> 420 texnansi-raw-lbr
>>> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-lbr.
>>> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>>>
>>> and the resulting pdf leads to "Could not find a font in the Resources
>>> dictionary"...
>>>
>>> Moreover, I don't want to use pk...
>>>
>>> How to solve this problem to embed lucida into
>>> test-3d_kin_foreground.pdf ?
>>> Another point: I am affraid that test.pdf embed lucida twice once one
>>> can embed the font into the staticMPfigure's pdf...
>>>
>>> May I have to continue with my old MPgraphics or I'd rather replace
>>> them by staticMPfigure ?
>> the statics don't work well with text, i need to figure out why
>

> Something very strange is happening here. Looks like a typescript

The statics are working with the alpha. The maps seem to be correctly
identified in the tests taht I made.

> I can not test with lucida (do not have them) but the
> same problem appears with palatino also.
>
> This does not work
>
> \startMPenvironment
>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment

This still does not work, but as Hans explained, one should have a
[global] with MPenvironments anyway.

> \starttext
> \startMPpage
>   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
> \stopMPpage
> \stoptext
>

> While this works.
>
>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
> \startMPenvironment
>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment
>
> \starttext
> \startMPpage
>   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
> \stopMPpage
>
> \stoptext
>

> The same thing happens in

The temp file that is created has \loadmapfile[...] in the begining,
and with that the following works correctly.

> \starttext
> \setupoutput[pdftex]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \startTEXpage
>   \convertMPtoPDF{t1-mpgraph.1}{1}{1}
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext

Aditya

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-21 16:08       ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-21 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Where is the alpha release please ;)

Renaud

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-21 16:11         ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-21 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, I've just found it !

Renaud AUBIN a écrit :

>Where is the alpha release please ;)
>
>Renaud

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-21 16:11       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-21 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> the statics don't work well with text, i need to figure out why
>>>
>> Something very strange is happening here. Looks like a typescript
>>

> The statics are working with the alpha. The maps seem to be correctly
> identified in the tests taht I made.
>

>> I can not test with lucida (do not have them) but the
>> same problem appears with palatino also.
>>
>> This does not work
>>
>> \startMPenvironment
>>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
>> \stopMPenvironment
>>

> This still does not work, but as Hans explained, one should have a
> [global] with MPenvironments anyway.
>

>> \starttext
>> \startMPpage
>>   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
>> \stopMPpage
>> \stoptext
>>

>> While this works.
>>
>>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
>> \startMPenvironment
>>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
>> \stopMPenvironment
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startMPpage
>>   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
>> \stopMPpage
>>
>> \stoptext
>>

>> The same thing happens in
>>

> The temp file that is created has \loadmapfile[...] in the begining,
> and with that the following works correctly.

indeed i added some code to texexec (scans the intermediate tui for map
entries)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-21 22:02         ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-21 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have updated to the alpha but the results doesn't need comments
http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/static

(
comments ;) :
- the static-test.mp is generated
- the call \usestaticMPfigure does not work as seen in the pdf because
the mptopdf processing is apparently missing
)

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-22 15:21           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-22 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> I have updated to the alpha but the results doesn't need comments
> http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/static
>
> (
> comments ;) :
> - the static-test.mp is generated
> - the call \usestaticMPfigure does not work as seen in the pdf because
> the mptopdf processing is apparently missing
> )

ah, i introduced so the name gets lost (btw, in your test file, the
label is wrong (i think)

\def\dostartstaticMPfigure#1#2\stopstaticMPfigure
  {\startstaticMPgraphic{\jobname-#1}#2\stopstaticMPgraphic
   \def\MPgraphicfile{\jobname-#1}%
   \doifmode{*\v!first}{\executesystemcommand
     {texmfstart --ifchanged=\MPgraphicfile.mp texexec --mpgraphic \MPgraphicfile.mp}}%
   \endgroup}

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: staticMPfigure & fonts
@ 2006-07-23  0:36             ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-23  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen a écrit :

>ah, i introduced so the name gets lost (btw, in your test file, the
>label is wrong (i think)
>
>\def\dostartstaticMPfigure#1#2\stopstaticMPfigure
>  {\startstaticMPgraphic{\jobname-#1}#2\stopstaticMPgraphic
>   \def\MPgraphicfile{\jobname-#1}%
>   \doifmode{*\v!first}{\executesystemcommand
>     {texmfstart --ifchanged=\MPgraphicfile.mp texexec --mpgraphic \MPgraphicfile.mp}}%
>   \endgroup}

Works great (fonts + static)... Thanks

Renaud