* indented footnotes
@ 2006-07-26 12:53 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2006-07-26 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want my footnotes (bottom page) to be indented first line.
So I tried this

\setupfootnotes[indentnext=yes,numbercommand=\hskip1em\high]
\setupfootnotedefinition[indentnext=yes,distance=0.5em,location=serried]

But "\hskip1em" is now the distance to the right corner of the
footnote's number.
So the space before "999" is smaller than "1".

But what is the syntax if the indent should be like in plain
paragraphs: always the same?

Steffen

* Re: indented footnotes
@ 2006-07-26 13:17 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2006-07-26 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
>
> I want my footnotes (bottom page) to be indented first line.
> So I tried this
>
> \setupfootnotes[indentnext=yes,numbercommand=\hskip1em\high]
> \setupfootnotedefinition
> [indentnext=yes,distance=0.5em,location=serried]
>
> But "\hskip1em" is now the distance to the right corner of the
> footnote's number.

This one looks *quite* good:

\def\myFNnumber#1{\hskip1.5em\inframed[width=2em,offset=.
0em,frame=off,align=right]{#1}}
\setupfootnotedefinition[command=
\myFNnumber,indentnext=yes,location=serried]

But I have to define "\hskip1.5em" in order to get real 1em space
before the frame!
So I guess it's not a very healthy code.

Someone has a better suggestion?

Steffen

* Re: indented footnotes
@ 2006-07-26 14:13   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-07-26 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want my footnotes (bottom page) to be indented first line.
>> So I tried this
>>
>> \setupfootnotes[indentnext=yes,numbercommand=\hskip1em\high]
>> \setupfootnotedefinition
>> [indentnext=yes,distance=0.5em,location=serried]
>>
>> But "\hskip1em" is now the distance to the right corner of the
>> footnote's number.

Have you searched the mailing list archive at contextgarden?
http://archive.contextgarden.net/search/20071201.000000.00000000@footnote,indent.en.html

Maybe from
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20050722.081003.ff83fe3b.en.html

\setupnotedefinition[footnote][indenting={medium,yes}]

helps. Sorry, just guessing (no xp with footnotes)...

Can you make a minimal example to play with?

Peter