* whitespace
@ 2006-07-28  6:33 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-07-28  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why does \startframedtext does not honor the outside setting by
\setupwhitespace? And do I have to use inner?
Here follows a minimal example
\starttext
\setupwhitespace[big]
line1\par line2\par
% next no big space between the lines
\startframedtext
line1\par line2\par
\stopframedtext
% next has big space between the lines
\startframedtext[inner={\setupwhitespace[big]}]
line1\par line2\par
\stopframedtext
\stoptext

Hans van der Meer

* Re: whitespace
@ 2006-07-29  7:21 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-07-29  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> Why does \startframedtext does not honor the outside setting
> by \setupwhitespace?

Because its contents are most often used as a kind of
inline figure, where normal paragraph spacing does not
apply.

Greetings, Taco

* Re: several questions
@ 2006-07-29 15:04   ` Jorge Manuel de Almeida Magalhães
                       ` (3 more replies)
From: Jorge Manuel de Almeida Magalhães @ 2006-07-29 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all

I have some questions for you. Please help me:

1. Did you know a way to make a list of tables (natural tables \bTable
\eTable)? For the Figures it is very easy:

\placelist[figure][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]

but

\placelist[table][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]

  d'ont works

2. Did you know how to force the section number to start in the number
0, not in 1 (default)?

3. In the top of my file I use \language[pt], but it d'ont work. For
example, in the figure caption I have "Figure" but I need "Figura" and
so on

Thanks a lot

have a nice day

Jorge

* Re: several questions
@ 2006-07-30  8:03     ` Peter Münster
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-07-30  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Jorge Manuel de Almeida Magalhães wrote:

> \placelist[table][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]
>
>   d'ont works

\starttext
\placelist[table][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]
\placetable{bla}{bla}
\stoptext

works for me.

> 3. In the top of my file I use \language[pt], but it d'ont work. For
> example, in the figure caption I have "Figure" but I need "Figura" and
> so on

You could try \mainlanguage[pt].

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: several questions
@ 2006-07-30 19:39     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-30 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> I have some questions for you. Please help me:
>
> 1. Did you know a way to make a list of tables (natural tables \bTable
> \eTable)? For the Figures it is very easy:
>
> \placelist[figure][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]
>
> but
>
> \placelist[table][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]
>
>   d'ont works

hm, do you have a small example file showing this?
> 3. In the top of my file I use \language[pt], but it d'ont work. For

only \mainlanguage triggers a full language switch; \language is mostly
used for parts of the text being in another languag ethamn the main
language

Hans

* Re: several questions
@ 2006-07-30 22:43     ` Miguel Queiros
From: Miguel Queiros @ 2006-07-30 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have some questions for you. Please help me:
>
> 1. Did you know a way to make a list of tables (natural tables \bTable
> \eTable)? For the Figures it is very easy:
>
> \placelist[figure][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]
>
> but
>
> \placelist[table][alternative=c,aligntitle=no,width=4em]
>
>   d'ont works

For figures and tables I used \r\completelistoffigures\r and
\completelistoftables . Will it work for you ?

> 3. In the top of my file I use \language[pt], but it d'ont work. For
> example, in the figure caption I have "Figure" but I need "Figura" and
> so on

You should use \mainlanguage[pt] as someone already mentioned.

You might also need to know the following, as I'v had the need
to use it already. As far as I remember \setuplabeltext
was used in the to change the word "see" in index (O Indice
Remissivo em Portugues). The other ones I believe are easy to
understand.

\setupheadtext[pt][content=Índice]
\setupheadtext[pt][figures=Lista de Figuras]
\setupheadtext[pt][tables=Lista de Tabelas]
\setupheadtext[pt][index=Índice Remissivo]
\setuplabeltext[pt][see=ver ]

Miguel Queirós

* Re: several questions
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2006-07-31  8:39     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-07-31  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jorge Manuel de Almeida Magalhães wrote:

> 2. Did you know how to force the section number to start in the number
> 0, not in 1 (default)?

That took some experimenting:

   \setuphead[section][chapternumber=yes]
   \setuphead[chapter][after={\setupheadnumber[section][-1]}]

Cheers,
Taco