* grid and \textrule
@ 2006-07-31 22:14 wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-07-31 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

I use

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

and a chapterdefinition which looks like:

Author

                                            Title

Text text text ...

The hor. Line above is a \textrule
and the vert. spacing between author and line and line and Title
resp. should not depent on the grid. So I can not use
\placeongrid{textrule} in my chapterdefinition. I have to do this
afterwards.

\blank[force,3.9pt]

In short:

\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\def\Sync{...}
\showgrid
\starttext
Bla Blub
\textrule
\Sync
Bla Blub
\stoptext

How should \Sync be defined to snap on the next gridline?

My solution is

\def\Sync{\blank[force,7.4pt]}% try and error

isn't there a better solution?

Wolfgang

* Re: grid and \textrule
@ 2006-08-01  8:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-01  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I use
>
> \setuplayout[grid=yes]
>
> and a chapterdefinition which looks like:
>
> Author
>
>                                             Title

You can wrap that whole stuff inside

   \startlinecorrection
   \stoplinecorrection

The stuff inside that environment will not be grid-aligned,
but the final resulting box will be.

Cheers, Taco