* Indentation bug ?
@ 2006-07-25  9:21 Renaud AUBIN
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-25  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Considering the following example:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\setupindenting[medium,yes]
\setupformulas[indentnext=yes]
\setupheads[indentnext=yes]
\setupfloats[indentnext=yes]

\starttext

\startuseMPgraphic{mympgraph}
numeric u; u:=2cm;
draw (-u,-u)--(u,u);
draw ((-u,-u)--(u,u)) rotated 90;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\section{A section}
La liaison inter-modulaire conçue par TDA pour le prototype
est une liaison pivot d'axe vertical. En effet, même si elle dispose
de possibilités de débattements angulaires, ces débattements
admissibles sont relativement faibles. De plus, seul la rotation
suivant l'axe de la liaison pivot peut être actionné et, en l'état,
les débattements ne peuvent en aucun cas être pilotés. Néanmoins, le
problème posé par cette articulation ne se pose pas si l'on se
restreint à des déplacements sur des surfaces planes ou régulières
relativement aux grandeurs du robot. Nous ne présenterons pas ici la
conception mécanique de cette liaison.

\placefigure[bottom]{none}{\useMPgraphic{mymmpgraph}}

La liaison inter-modulaire conçue par TDA pour le prototype
est une liaison pivot d'axe vertical. En effet, même si elle dispose
de possibilités de débattements angulaires, ces débattements
admissibles sont relativement faibles. De plus, seul la rotation
suivant l'axe de la liaison pivot peut être actionné et, en l'état,
les débattements ne peuvent en aucun cas être pilotés. Néanmoins, le
problème posé par cette articulation ne se pose pas si l'on se
restreint à des déplacements sur des surfaces planes ou régulières
relativement aux grandeurs du robot. Nous ne présenterons pas ici la
conception mécanique de cette liaison.

\page
\section{A second section}
\input knuth

\placefigure[bottom]{none}{\useMPgraphic{mymmpgraph}}

\input knuth

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Paragraphs next to \placefigure calls are not indented when [bottom] is
used. They are indented correctly when one use [top] or [here].

Strange... ;)

Cheers,

Renaud

PS to Hans: U3D ?

* Re: Indentation bug ?
@ 2006-07-25 19:31 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-07-25 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Paragraphs next to \placefigure calls are not indented when [bottom] is
> used. They are indented correctly when one use [top] or [here].

Perhaps related to http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/65 ?
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Indentation bug ?
@ 2006-07-25 20:48   ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-07-25 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster a écrit :

>On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>

>Perhaps related to http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/65 ?
>Cheers, Peter

Maybe, but dunno... These problems are probably due to the same bug...

Renaud

* Re: Indentation bug ?
@ 2006-08-01  8:03 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-08-01  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Same problem when \placefigure[auto] is used...

Is there a chance that this bug will be corrected before the beginning
of september ? ;)
(if this is a bug...)

* Re: Indentation bug ?
@ 2006-08-01 14:49   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2006-08-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 1, 2006, at 4:03 AM, Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Same problem when \placefigure[auto] is used...
>
> Is there a chance that this bug will be corrected before the
> beginning of september ? ;)
> (if this is a bug...)
>
> Renaud AUBIN a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Considering the following example:
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>> \setupindenting[medium,yes]
>> \setupformulas[indentnext=yes]
>> \setupheads[indentnext=yes]
>> \setupfloats[indentnext=yes]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startuseMPgraphic{mympgraph}
>> numeric u; u:=2cm;
>> draw (-u,-u)--(u,u);
>> draw ((-u,-u)--(u,u)) rotated 90;
>> \stopuseMPgraphic
>>
>> \section{A section}
>> La liaison inter-modulaire conçue par TDA pour le prototype
>> est une liaison pivot d'axe vertical. En effet, même si elle dispose
>> de possibilités de débattements angulaires, ces débattements
>> admissibles sont relativement faibles. De plus, seul la rotation
>> suivant l'axe de la liaison pivot peut être actionné et, en l'état,
>> les débattements ne peuvent en aucun cas être pilotés. Néanmoins, le
>> problème posé par cette articulation ne se pose pas si l'on se
>> restreint à des déplacements sur des surfaces planes ou régulières
>> relativement aux grandeurs du robot. Nous ne présenterons pas ici la
>> conception mécanique de cette liaison.
>>
>> \placefigure[bottom]{none}{\useMPgraphic{mymmpgraph}}
>>
>> La liaison inter-modulaire conçue par TDA pour le prototype
>> est une liaison pivot d'axe vertical. En effet, même si elle dispose
>> de possibilités de débattements angulaires, ces débattements
>> admissibles sont relativement faibles. De plus, seul la rotation
>> suivant l'axe de la liaison pivot peut être actionné et, en l'état,
>> les débattements ne peuvent en aucun cas être pilotés. Néanmoins, le
>> problème posé par cette articulation ne se pose pas si l'on se
>> restreint à des déplacements sur des surfaces planes ou régulières
>> relativement aux grandeurs du robot. Nous ne présenterons pas ici la
>> conception mécanique de cette liaison.
>>
>> \page
>> \section{A second section}
>> \input knuth
>>
>> \placefigure[bottom]{none}{\useMPgraphic{mymmpgraph}}
>>
>> \input knuth
>>
>> \stoptext
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> Paragraphs next to \placefigure calls are not indented when
>> [bottom] is used. They are indented correctly when one use [top]
>> or [here].
>>
>> Strange... ;)
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Renaud
>>
>> PS to Hans: U3D ?

I am not getting indenting with the first paragraph following the
[here] option; that is, with the first paragraph following

\useexternalfigure[Graphic][NP.pdf][]
\placefigure
		[here,force,nonumber]
		[]
		{xxxxx}
		{\externalfigure[NP.pdf][type=pdf]}

I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2006.07.22 18:35  fmt: 2006.7.23

Best, Alan

* Indentation bug ? Sample
@ 2006-08-02  9:07 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-08-02  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Here is a test document with "french" indentation (placefigure and
placetable are tested with bottom, here, top and auto options):

\setupindenting[medium,yes]
\setupformulas[indentnext=yes]
\setupheads[indentnext=yes]
\setupfloats[indentnext=yes]

\starttext

\startuseMPgraphic{dummygraph}
numeric u; u:=2cm;
draw (-u,-u)--(u,u);
draw ((-u,-u)--(u,u)) rotated 90;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\chapter{placefigure}
\section{bottom option}

\input knuth

\placefigure[bottom]{none}{\useMPgraphic{dummygraph}}

\input knuth

\page

\section{top option}

\input knuth

\placefigure[top]{none}{\useMPgraphic{dummygraph}}

\input knuth

\page

\section{here option}

\input knuth

\placefigure[here]{none}{\useMPgraphic{dummygraph}}

\input knuth

\page

\section{here, force, nonumber option}

\input knuth

\placefigure[here,force,nonumber]{none}{\useMPgraphic{dummygraph}}

\input knuth

\page

\section{auto option}

\input knuth

\placefigure[auto]{none}{\useMPgraphic{dummygraph}}

\input knuth

\chapter{placetable}

\startbuffer
\setupTABLE[row][odd][background=color,backgroundcolor=red,
width=.2\textwidth]
\bTABLE[split=yes]
\bTR \bTD[nr=3] 1 \eTD \bTD[nc=2] 2/3 \eTD \bTD[nr=3] 4 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD[nc=3] 1/2/3 \eTD \bTD 4 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD 4 \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\stopbuffer

\section{bottom option}

\input knuth

\placetable[bottom]{none}{\getbuffer}

\input knuth

\page

\section{here option}

\input knuth

\placetable[here]{none}{\getbuffer}

\input knuth

\page

\section{top option}

\input knuth

\placetable[top]{none}{\getbuffer}

\input knuth

\page

\section{auto option}

\input knuth

\placetable[auto]{none}{\getbuffer}

\input knuth

\stoptext

Alan, I cannot reproduce the problem you described, maybe I
misunderstood... Please, try with my sample file and repost if you
obtain a bug...
You can see the result: http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/indent.pdf

texexec --check gives:

TeXExec | runtime: 0.509941
TeXExec | end of analysis
TeXExec |
TeXExec | TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
TeXExec | TeXUtil   | version 9.1.0 - 1997-2005 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
TeXExec | CtxTools | version 1.3.3 - 2004/2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
TeXExec |
TeXExec | testing interface en
TeXExec | pdfeTeX Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
TeXExec | ConTeXt ver: 2006.07.28 23:56 fmt: 2006.8.1 int: english mes:
english
TeXExec |
TeXExec | testing interface fr
TeXExec | pdfeTeX Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
TeXExec | ConTeXt ver: 2006.07.28 23:56 fmt: 2006.8.1 int: french mes:
french
TeXExec |
TeXExec | testing interface nl
TeXExec | pdfeTeX Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
TeXExec | ConTeXt ver: 2006.07.28 23:56 fmt: 2006.8.1 int: dutch mes: dutch

Cheers,

Renaud

* Re: Indentation bug ? Sample
@ 2006-08-02 20:58   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2006-08-02 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 2, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> [...]
> TeXExec | TeXUtil   | version 9.1.0 - 1997-2005 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
> TeXExec | CtxTools | version 1.3.3 - 2004/2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | testing interface en
> TeXExec | pdfeTeX Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> TeXExec | ConTeXt ver: 2006.07.28 23:56 fmt: 2006.8.1 int: english
> mes:
> english
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | testing interface fr
> TeXExec | pdfeTeX Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> TeXExec | ConTeXt ver: 2006.07.28 23:56 fmt: 2006.8.1 int: french mes:
> french
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | testing interface nl
> TeXExec | pdfeTeX Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> TeXExec | ConTeXt ver: 2006.07.28 23:56 fmt: 2006.8.1 int: dutch

Renaud—no bug. The problem (I am guessing) lies in the peculiarities
of my source file, specifically, in the fact that I was trying to
place a figure at the bottom of a page in a text that has lengthy
footnotes before and after the figure, with \setupfootnotes
[split=verystrict]. In any case,  removing some of the text before
the figure obviated the problem and gave a very fine result—though in
that case there was no difference between the results obtained with
the top, here, and bottom options of \placefigure, perhaps again
because of the footnotes. As for the original file—the author would
not have been pleased if I had excised some of his text—I simply
indented the paragraph “manually” with \qquad (big indent) and plowed
ahead.

Thanks for looking into this.

Best, Alan

* Re: Indentation bug ? Sample
@ 2006-08-02 21:30     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-02 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:

> Renaud�no bug. The problem (I am guessing) lies in the peculiarities
> of my source file, specifically, in the fact that I was trying to
> place a figure at the bottom of a page in a text that has lengthy
> footnotes before and after the figure, with \setupfootnotes
> [split=verystrict]. In any case,  removing some of the text before
> the figure obviated the problem and gave a very fine result�though in
> that case there was no difference between the results obtained with
> the top, here, and bottom options of \placefigure, perhaps again
> because of the footnotes. As for the original file�the author would
> not have been pleased if I had excised some of his text�I simply
> indented the paragraph �manually� with \qquad (big indent) and plowed
> ahead.

this indentation around floats needs some improvement anyway;

the current implementation is not watertight

Hans