* Font Question: Specific font sizes not working.
@ 2006-08-09 18:58 David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2006-08-09 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings all,

In the last week or so I started having a problem with fonts: what once
worked stopped doing so, giving me the default font rather than my
chosen fonts. I finally figured out that it is only certain sizes that
are not working. For example, with:

\usetypescriptfile[jensonpro]
\usetypescript[jenson]
\switchtobodyfont[jenson,11pt]

\starttext

Testing.

\stoptext

"\switchtododyfont" sizes 8pt, 10pt, 11pt, 13pt all still work, while
9pt and 12pt no longer do so...

I recently updated ConTeXt and it remains the same. No change was made
to my typescript files, and indeed in \definebodyfont those sizes are
definitely listed:

\starttypescript [serif] [Opticals] [size]
\definebodyfont
  [13pt,12pt,11pt,10pt,9pt,8pt][rm]
\stoptypescript

Any clues?

Kind regards,
David

* Re: Font Question: Specific font sizes not working.
@ 2006-08-11  0:41 ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2006-08-11  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm, well I seem to have figured something out:

the line

    \switchtobodyfont[jenson,12pt]

used to work. When replaced with

    \switchtotypeface[jenson][12pt]

it now once again does the trick.

dw

David Wooten wrote:
 > Greetings all,
 >
 > In the last week or so I started having a problem with fonts: what once
 > worked stopped doing so, giving me the default font rather than my
 > chosen fonts. I finally figured out that it is only certain sizes that
 > are not working. For example, with:
 >
 > \usetypescriptfile[jensonpro]
 > \usetypescript[jenson]
 > \switchtobodyfont[jenson,11pt]
 >
 > \starttext
 >
 > Testing.
 >
 > \stoptext

         ...bodyfont", naturally ;)

@ 2006-08-11  6:50   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-11  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Wooten wrote:
> Hmm, well I seem to have figured something out:
>
> the line
>
>     \switchtobodyfont[jenson,12pt]
>
> used to work. When replaced with
>
>     \switchtotypeface[jenson][12pt]
>
> it now once again does the trick.

Is the problem specific to the jenson typeface?

Taco

* Re: Font Question: Specific font sizes not working.
@ 2006-08-11 19:21     ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2006-08-11 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
 > David Wooten wrote:
 >> Hmm, well I seem to have figured something out:
 >>
 >> the line
 >>
 >>     \switchtobodyfont[jenson,12pt]
 >>
 >> used to work. When replaced with
 >>
 >>     \switchtotypeface[jenson][12pt]
 >>
 >> it now once again does the trick.
 >
 > Is the problem specific to the jenson typeface?
 >
 > Taco

It is specific to two typefaces whose typescript files I made in the
same manner: jenson & minion. Other fonts do not act this way, including
palatino and the self-installed haarlemmer (which has a different kind
of typescript file). The typescript file for jenson & minion are based
on one from Adam Lindsey, I believe it was for Warnock Pro. This may be
rather out of date.