* Problem with external graphics
@ 2006-08-09 20:10 The Wizard
From: The Wizard @ 2006-08-09 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

All -
    I am experiencing some strange behavior with external graphics. I
use one file to setup all the graphics for later inclusion. All that is
in the file is a bunch of "\useexternalgraphics" statements, so I can
reference the graphics by name later. The problem comes when I try to
use "\placefigure" instead of "\externalfigure". Here is an example:

Figure setup:

\useexternalfigure[Figure 1][Figure1][scale=520,type=pdf,factr=broad]
% This sets up the file 'Figure1.pdf' for later inclusion

If I then reference it using

\externalfigure[Figure 1]

the figure is included at the spot following the text, and fits on the
remainder of the page, which is what I want. But if I try to add a
caption to it by using

\placefigure
[force][]
{}
{\externalfigure[Figure 1][Figure 1]}

the figure gets the caption, but always is placed on the top of the
following page. Why is this?

--
Mark Almeida                             mark.almeida@sun.com
Solutions Architect                      (707)398-9524/x81132