* Up-to-date documentation / tutorials. Where?
@ 2020-02-29 11:10 Gerben Wierda
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2020-02-29 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello community,

I have been (unsuccessfully) hunting for up-to-date tutorials/documentation on ConTeXt/LuaTeX/METAPOST. What I find is sites that for instance end in 2011. documentation that is from 2013, or on Pragme-ADE a show-man.pdf PDF with an overview of documentation that doesn’t open any underlying document.

Is there not a simple place to get all the up-to-date documentation?

* Re: Up-to-date documentation / tutorials. Where?
@ 2020-02-29 11:14 ` TeXnician
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: TeXnician @ 2020-02-29 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

> Is there not a simple place to get all the up-to-date documentation?

maybe not what you are looking for, but I think the list at
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/448812/the-definitive-guide-to-context-mkiv-documentation
is very helpful.

* Re: Up-to-date documentation / tutorials. Where?
@ 2020-02-29 11:35 ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found] ` <994ea951-d620-ad10-d195-dc300e083034@fastwebnet.it>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-02-29 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 12:10:13 +0100
Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda@rna.nl> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> I have been (unsuccessfully) hunting for up-to-date tutorials/documentation on ConTeXt/LuaTeX/METAPOST. What I find is sites that for instance end in 2011. documentation that is from 2013, or on Pragme-ADE a show-man.pdf PDF with an overview of documentation that doesn’t open any underlying document.
>
> Is there not a simple place to get all the up-to-date documentation?

Take a look into the documentation folder [1] of your ConTeXt installation.

A few of the documents mentions ConTeXt related extension to MetaPost
but the basics haven't changed and the old tutorials work.

[1] $TEXMF/tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals

List of all documents in the directory above:

about.pdf
bidi.pdf
charts-mkiv.pdf
cld-mkiv.pdf
colors-mkiv.pdf
columnsets.pdf
details.pdf
ecmascript-mkiv.pdf
epub-mkiv-demo.epub
epub-mkiv-demo.pdf
epub-mkiv.pdf
evenmore.pdf
followingup.pdf
fonts-mkiv.pdf
graphics.pdf
hybrid.pdf
interaction.pdf
languages-mkiv.pdf
libraries-mkiv.pdf
lowlevel-boxes.pdf
lowlevel-conditionals.pdf
lowlevel-expansion.pdf
lowlevel-registers.pdf
lua-mkiv.pdf
luametafun.pdf
luametatex.pdf
luatex.pdf
ma-cb-en.pdf
math-mkiv.pdf
metafun-p.pdf
metafun-s.pdf
mk.pdf
mkiv-publications.pdf
mmlexamp.pdf
mmlprime.pdf
mreadme.pdf
musings.pdf
nodes.pdf
notnow.pdf
onandon.pdf
pagecolumns.pdf
rules-mkiv.pdf
spacing-mkiv.pdf
spreadsheets-mkiv.pdf
sql-mkiv.pdf
steps-mkiv.pdf
still.pdf
svg-lmtx.pdf
swiglib-mkiv.pdf
templates-mkiv.pdf
texit.pdf
tiptrick.pdf
tools-mkiv.pdf
units-mkiv.pdf
workflows-mkiv.pdf
xml-mkiv.pdf
xtables-mkiv.pdf

Wolfgang

* Re: Up-to-date documentation / tutorials. Where?
@ 2020-02-29 11:38 ` mf
       [not found] ` <994ea951-d620-ad10-d195-dc300e083034@fastwebnet.it>
From: mf @ 2020-02-29 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Is there not a simple place to get all the up-to-date documentation?

If you install ConTeXt from

http://www.pragma-ade.nl/install.htm

in the installation tree you'll find docs under

tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/

There you'll always find the docs at their last revision.

Massi

* How do I tell mtxrun not to open the pdf or to open it differently?
       [not found] ` <994ea951-d620-ad10-d195-dc300e083034@fastwebnet.it>
@ 2020-02-29 11:50   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2020-02-29 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)