* Some questions
@ 2013-01-25 13:49 Alain Delmotte
From: Alain Delmotte @ 2013-01-25 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liste ConTeXt

  Hi,

  Now some questions to solve the problems I have when I try
to follow the "tutorial" "ConTeXt an excursion".
  I think it is for mkII and I use mkIV and that there has
been many changes in between.

  - The example at the bottom of page 11 and page 12 gives
me an error:
  ! Argument of \head has an extra }.

system          > tex > error on line 52 in file
travail.tex: Argument of  ...

42     Hasselt lies in the province of Overijssel and there
are a number of customs that are typical of this province.
43     \startitemize
44     \head kraamschudden \hfill (child welcoming)
45     When a child is born the neighbours come to visit the
new parents. The women come to admire the baby and the men
come to judge the baby (if it is a boy) if he will become a
strong man.
46     The neighbours will bring a {\em krentenwegge} along.
A krentenwegge is a loaf of currant bread of about 1 \Meter\
long. Of course the birth is celebrated with {\em jenever}.
47     \head nabuurschap (naberschop) \hfill (neighbourship)
48     Smaller communities used to be very dependent on the
cooperation among the members for their well being. Members
of the {\em nabuurschap} helped each other in difficult
times during harvest times, funerals or any hardship that
fell upon the community.
49     \head Abraham \& Sarah  \hfill (identical)
50     When people turn 50 in Hasselt it is said that they
see Abraham or Sarah. The custom is to give these people a
{\em speculaas} Abraham or a Sarah. Speculaas is a kind of
hard spiced biscuit.
51     \stopitemize
52 >>

- The tables pages 30-31-32-35 are not at the right position
on the page, mostly they are to the right and not centered.

- The chemical formulae give an error (pages 37-38), but
I'll come back to that later on, but what is the manual
about it?

- The boxes on page 45, second example are not at the right
position, particularly the second is on the same line as the
first.
\leftaligned
{\inframed[width=fit]{People in Hasselt}}
\midaligned
{\inframed[height=1.5cm,frame=off]{have a}}
\rightaligned
{\inframed[background=screen]{historic background}}

What are the up todate manuals for MkIV?

OK It's enough bothering you for the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Alain Delmotte

[parent not found: <mailman.1.1155549602.30697.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* some questions
@ 2006-08-12 21:03 wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-12 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

After reading some manuals, I have some questions.
May be I have not understand it right.

Try the following example:
---------------------------
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
How can I use the brace-key right?
\starttable[| \{ |]
\NC no braces \SR
\stoptable

What I am doing wrong here?
\starttable[ o1 | C{red} |]
\VL red \VL\SR
\stoptable
red too!

Should'nt \arg{bla} be \type{{bla}}?
\stoptext
------------------------

Wolfgang

* Some questions
@ 2000-06-05  7:17 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-06-05  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans, All,

I've seen this before:

\setuphead
 [chapter,section]
 [style=\bfb,
  before=,
  after={\blank[3*medium]},
  align={right,broad},
  number=no]

What does before=, accomplish? Why not just write

\setuphead
 [chapter,section]
 [style=\bfb,
  after={\blank[3*medium]},
  align={right,broad},
  number=no]

What would be the difference? Also, align={right,broad}. I know what right
does, but what does broad add in this case?

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html