* Re: Snapping sectionhead
       [not found] <mailman.1.1155549602.30697.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-14 17:30 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-14 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:33:38 +0200
> From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Snapping sectionhead

> for
> >> Section 1.8 deals \exclusively with \externalfigure. Apparently
> >> the grid option for sectioning commands is handled differently.
> >
> > In my version of 'In the Details', dated 2002 chapter 1 deals with
> > 'Snapping section heads' and section 1.8 is titled 'Snapping
> around
> > (broad,high,depth).'
> > Is there a newer variant of that manual?
>
> Must be, I read mine online from
>
>    http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/details.pdf
>
> while I was keying in this answer.
>
> Greetings,
> Taco

I checked this.

But it is the same document!

Section 1.8 deals there with 'Snapping section heads' too.

Wolfgang

* Re: Snapping sectionhead
@ 2006-08-14 17:58   ` taco hoekwater
From: taco hoekwater @ 2006-08-14 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
>> Must be, I read mine online from
>>
>>    http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/details.pdf
>>
>> while I was keying in this answer.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Taco
>
> I checked this.
>
> But it is the same document!
>
> Section 1.8 deals there with 'Snapping section heads' too.

Oops excuse me. I was reading _chapter 8_ . I'll try to
find the difference

Taco

* Re: Snapping sectionhead
@ 2006-08-14 18:39     ` taco hoekwater
From: taco hoekwater @ 2006-08-14 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

taco hoekwater wrote:
> wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
>>> Must be, I read mine online from
>>>
>>>    http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/details.pdf
>>>
>>> while I was keying in this answer.
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Taco
>> I checked this.
>>
>> But it is the same document!
>>
>> Section 1.8 deals there with 'Snapping section heads' too.
>
> Oops excuse me. I was reading _chapter 8_ . I'll try to
> find the difference

Ok: yes they are definately different, but at the moment I don't
know why. I predict that it is the manual that needs fixing,
though.

Taco

* Re: some questions
       [not found] <mailman.1.1155549602.30697.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-15  9:06 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-15  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> Should'nt \arg{bla} be \type{{bla}}?
>
> I can't give you a satisfying answer for this, but
>
> Should'nt \expandafter\type\expandafter{\arg{bla}} be
> \type{{bla}}?
>
> gives
>
> Should?nt \dohandlemathtokenarg{bla} be {bla}?
>
> (so I guess the answer is probably no)

\arg is one of the verbatim macros, like \type, \typ, \tex
and is describte in 'cont-enp.pdf' on page 101.

The description looks a bit incomplete: (the command encloses the
text with .)
(Can someone, with the right to do that, add this to the list of
typos, please?)

The definition of \arg is in 'core-ver.tex' and copying this
in a separate file works as expected:

\starttext
\unprotect
\def\setgroupedtype
  {\let\currenttypingclass\??ty
   \initializetype
   \catcode`\{=\@@begingroup
   \catcode`\}=\@@endgroup}

\unexpanded\def\arg{%
\groupedcommand{\setgroupedtype\leftargument}{\rightargument}}
\protect
\arg{bla}
\stoptext

So there must something be damaged.

Wolfgang

* Re: some questions
@ 2006-08-15  9:08   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-15  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:

>>I can't give you a satisfying answer for this, but
>>
>>Should'nt \expandafter\type\expandafter{\arg{bla}} be
>>\type{{bla}}?
>>
>>gives
>>
>>Should?nt \dohandlemathtokenarg{bla} be {bla}?
>>
>>(so I guess the answer is probably no)
>

> \arg is one of the verbatim macros, like \type, \typ, \tex
> and is describte in 'cont-enp.pdf' on page 101.

Well, \arg is also defined in math-tex.tex:

   \definemathcommand [arg]     [nolop] {\mfunction{arg}}

So there is a double definition.

Taco

* Re: Snapping sectionhead
@ 2006-08-15 15:15   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-15 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>

>>> While I was reading 'In the Details' to learn more about grid-
>>> typesetting, I could not comprehend the examples with
>>> grid={broad,...}.
>>>
>>> Then in section 1.8 I read that grid=line should be a shortcut for
>>> grid={broad,high,depth}.
>>>
>> Section 1.8 deals \exclusively with \externalfigure. Apparently
>> the grid option for sectioning commands is handled differently.
>>

> In my version of 'In the Details', dated 2002 chapter 1 deals with
> 'Snapping section heads' and section 1.8 is titled 'Snapping around
> (broad,high,depth).'
> Is there a newer variant of that manual?

the grid options as discussed with sections, are the ones that are taken care of by the \snaptogrid macro; the grid key in externalfigure is not related to that, it relates to scaling, as in

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid \setupcaptions[style=smallbodyfont,location=grid,inbetween=]

\defineexternalfigure[enkel] [width=10cm,frame=on,grid=depth]
\defineexternalfigure[dubbel][width=10cm,frame=on,grid=depth]

\starttext

test \placefigure{}                 {\externalfigure[t:/sources/cow.pdf][frame=on,grid=yes]} test \page
test \placefigure{\input zapf\relax}{\externalfigure[t:/sources/cow.pdf][frame=on,grid=yes]} test \page

test \placefigure{}                 {\externalfigure[t:/sources/cow.pdf][enkel]} test \page
test \placefigure{\input zapf\relax}{\externalfigure[t:/sources/cow.pdf][enkel]} test \page

\stoptext

i.e. the grid option determins which way a height snaps (or is rounded);

hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Snapping sectionhead
@ 2006-08-13 21:33   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-13 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.1.1155463203.3247.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-13 21:24 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-13 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

@ 2006-08-13  7:52   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-13  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> While I was reading 'In the Details' to learn more about grid-
> typesetting, I could not comprehend the examples with
> grid={broad,...}.
>
> Then in section 1.8 I read that grid=line should be a shortcut for
> grid={broad,high,depth}.

Section 1.8 deals \exclusively with \externalfigure. Apparently
the grid option for sectioning commands is handled differently.

Taco

* Snapping sectionhead
       [not found] <mailman.153.1154467877.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-02  8:39 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-02  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

While I was reading 'In the Details' to learn more about grid-
typesetting, I could not comprehend the examples with
grid={broad,...}.

Then in section 1.8 I read that grid=line should be a shortcut for
grid={broad,high,depth}.

But these two variants gave me not the same result!

Try

\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\definehead[Demo][section]
\setuphead[Demo][style=\bfb,
                 before=\blank,
                 after=\blank,
                 grid={broad,high,depth}]
%\setuphead[Demo][style=\bfb,before=\blank,after=\blank,grid=line]
\showgrid
\starttext
\Demo{Agathe}
Bla blubber