* Re: table questions
       [not found] <mailman.392.1155890252.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-18 15:09 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-18 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> ----------------------
> >> \|10 as a relacement for \VL gives me thicker vert. lines in that
> >> position only. How can I define a thicker vert. Line for the
> >> whole column? My attempts in \starttable[..\|10..] doesn't work.
> >> ----------------------

Is there an other way of changing linethickness of single vertical
lines?

> >> Why is there so little space between the two rows of the table
> >> below?
> >>
> >> \starttable[|l|p(.7\textwidth)|]
> >> \HL
> >> \NC bla1 \VL Eins \type{zwei} drei. Eins zwei drei. Eins zwei
> drei
> >> \type{vier}
> >> oder \type{sechs}l. Das ist der Leerraum zwischen den Spalten
> >> \type{n}. \FR
> >> \NC bla2 \VL Eins, zwei \type{drei} \LR
> >> \HL
> >> \stoptable
> >>

> \NC \FR and \NC \LR
> you need to finish the column

Ahh! This solves most problems with the last example, too.

The wiki-example with colored rows should then be corrected.

Are there reasons other, than with \BL, \CL,
to use \FR, \LR without \NC?

> >> ----------------------
> >> The two tables in the example below are differing and show, that
> >> \SetTableToWidth{0pt} doesn't reset the situation.
> >>
> >> What is the defaultvalue/resetvalue for \SetTableToWidth{}?
> >>
> i had to look that one up in thrd-tab -)
>
> it sets a token list
>
> \unprotect [\the\!taTableSpread] \protect
>
> This is a better definition than the orginal TaBlE one:
>
> \def\SetTableToWidth#1%
>
> {\doifelsenothing{#1}{\!taTableSpread\emptytoks}{\!taTableSpread{to
> #1}}}

Yes, this would be a solution!

* Re: verb-c.tex
From: wwl @ 2006-08-18 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> can it be that the (here commented)
>
> \beginofpretty[\!!prettyeight]%
> \beginofpretty[\!!prettynine]%
>
> pickup is not needed? i guess that it has no matching stop and since
> colors are grouped ...

Yes, works!

Wolfgang

* Re: table questions
@ 2006-08-17 22:08   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-17 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> Has anybody same effects? Or is this me alone?
> Should this work, or is tableenvironment still experimental and those
> effects normal?
>
> Wolfgang
>

>> I have studied the table examples at contextgarden and have some
>> questions.
>> ----------------------
>> \|10 as a relacement for \VL gives me thicker vert. lines in that
>> position only. How can I define a thicker vert. Line for the whole
>> column? My attempts in \starttable[..\|10..] doesn't work.
>> ----------------------
>> Why is there so little space between the two rows of the table
>> below?
>>
>> \starttable[|l|p(.7\textwidth)|]
>> \HL
>> \NC bla1 \VL Eins \type{zwei} drei. Eins zwei drei. Eins zwei drei
>> \type{vier}
>> oder \type{sechs}l. Das ist der Leerraum zwischen den Spalten
>> \type{n}. \FR
>> \NC bla2 \VL Eins, zwei \type{drei} \LR
>> \HL
>> \stoptable

\NC \FR and \NC \LR

you need to finish the column
>> ----------------------
>> The two tables in the example below are differing and show, that
>> \SetTableToWidth{0pt} doesn't reset the situation.
>>
>> What is the defaultvalue/resetvalue for \SetTableToWidth{}?

i had to look that one up in thrd-tab -)

it sets a token list

\unprotect [\the\!taTableSpread] \protect

This is a better definition than the orginal TaBlE one:

\def\SetTableToWidth#1%
  {\doifelsenothing{#1}{\!taTableSpread\emptytoks}{\!taTableSpread{to #1}}}

>> \starttable[|l|l|]
>> \VL 11 \VL 12  \VL\FR
>> \VL 21 \VL 22  \VL\LR
>> \stoptable
>>
>> \SetTableToWidth{\textwidth}
>> % some other table stuff
>> \SetTableToWidth{0pt}
>>
>> \starttable[|l|l|]
>> \VL 11 \VL 12  \VL\FR
>> \VL 21 \VL 22  \VL\LR
>> \stoptable
>> ----------------------
>> Look at the example below:
>>
>> Without any \SetTableToWidth{} this table has neither hor. Lines nor
>> green color. The gray is there. Why?
>>
>> Variant 1:
>> This is an combination of two wiki-examples. The first column of the
>> table is about \textwidth (a little bit smaller). Why?
>> Between the gray and the second hor. Line there is a small white
>> area. Same between green and fourth hor. Line. Hmm!

colors in those tables are a bit of a hack; i need to reimplement this
(i.e. merge the original and the patches) aftwr which i can improve the
code
>> Variant 2:
>> Hor. Line and green area are .2\textwidth as expected. But gray area
>> is about .6\textwidth and so is the column as a whole. Why that?
>>
>> Variant 3:
>> All ok now. Even the spacing between coloured areas and lines is
>> ok.
>>
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \starttext
>>
>> %\SetTableToWidth{.2\textwidth} % Variant 2
>> \SetTableToWidth{\textwidth}    % Variant 1
>> \starttable[|lp(.45\textwidth)|lp(.45\textwidth)|]
>> \HL
>> \BL[1]\SR
>> %\VL Command	\VL Meaning	\VL\SR % Variant 3
>> \NC Command	\NC Meaning	\SR
>> \HL
>> \NC \tex{NC}	\NC next column	\FR
>> \NC \tex{NR}	\NC next row	\LR
>> \HL
>> \CL[green]\SR
>> \NC \tex{AR}	\NC automatic row	\SR
>> \HL
>> \stoptable
>> \stoptext

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: table questions
       [not found] <mailman.357.1155686115.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-17 20:26 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-17 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> [...]

> This is an combination of two wiki-examples. The first column of the
> table is about \textwidth (a little bit smaller). Why?
> Between the gray and the second hor. Line there is a small white
> area. Same between green and fourth hor. Line. Hmm!
>
> Variant 2:
> Hor. Line and green area are .2\textwidth as expected. But gray area
> is about .6\textwidth and so is the column as a whole. Why that?
>
> Variant 3:
> All ok now. Even the spacing between coloured areas and lines is
> ok.
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \starttext
>
> %\SetTableToWidth{.2\textwidth} % Variant 2
> \SetTableToWidth{\textwidth}    % Variant 1
> \starttable[|lp(.45\textwidth)|lp(.45\textwidth)|]
> \HL
> \BL[1]\SR
> %\VL Command	\VL Meaning	\VL\SR % Variant 3

* table questions
@ 2006-08-15 23:58 wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-15 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

@ 2005-04-27 12:15 ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2005-04-27 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 at 10:21:52+0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> I'm fighting deadlines right now, but later i'll try to get a look at the
> current table thread (maybe someone can summarize the problem)

As discussed, I will remind you in a fortnight or so and sum up what is
missing about natural tables. Probably, there will be even more points
until then.

Greetings,
--
Eckhart

* table questions
@ 2005-04-22  8:21 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-22  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm fighting deadlines right now, but later i'll try to get a look at the
current table thread (maybe someone can summarize the problem)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE