* Empty last page, broken markings ??
@ 2006-08-23 13:06 WN
From: WN @ 2006-08-23 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

The last page in my documents is always empty. The document is setup as
singlesided via

*\setuppagenumbering[location=,alternative=singlesided,way=bytext,partnumber=no]*

On http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Empty_page_at_the_end a workaround is
given, by using

\setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[appendix][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[backpart][page=no]

In my environment I only use :
*\setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=no]** *

This eliminates the empty page at the end of my document, however the
chapter and section markers in the page headers/footers for the last couple of pages are not working anymore.
I use the following setup

% reset footer texts
\setupfootertexts[]

%
% First page of chapter has a footer, no header
%
\definetext[chapterfooter][footer][{{\blue\pagenumber} \hfill Hoofdstuk \getmarking[chapternumber]} ]
\setuphead[chapter][footer=chapterfooter,header=empty]

%
% All other pages have a header, no footer
%
\setupheadertexts[\setups{texta}][][][\setups{textb}]
\startsetups[texta]
 \inframed[frame=off,framecolor=black,rulethickness=0.8pt,bottomframe=on,width=\textwidth]{ {\blue\pagenumber}
  \hfill
  \getmarking[chapter]
  \hfill
  Hoofdstuk \getmarking[chapternumber]}
\stopsetups
\startsetups[textb]
\inframed[frame=off,framecolor=black,rulethickness=0.8pt,bottomframe=on,width=\textwidth]{ {\blue\getmarking[sectionnumber]}
  \hfill
  \getmarking[section]
  \hfill
  {\blue\pagenumber}}
\stopsetups

I use a couple of environment files which all define several things, title page, Table of contents,
Table of Figures, page layout, page numbering, headers/footers etc. I could attach all of them,
but I think the above settings are the one's that matter. I am not sure how to proceed to provide
the correct but minimal information. I tried to put everything in a test file, but I was not successful.

I tried to attach the last three pages of my document, which demostrates the problem
but I exceeded the 40 KB. Is there another way of uploading documents
which are more than 40 KB in size ?

Any help is appreciated

Kind regards
Wim Neimeijer

* Re: Empty last page, broken markings ??
@ 2006-08-23 16:52 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-23 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

WN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The last page in my documents is always empty. The document is setup as
> singlesided via

Always, always (as in: it generates an empty page even if that results
in an uneven number of pages)?

Or does it fill out to an even number of generated pages?

Or does it always create an odd number of pages (I've heard that happen
with some conflicting settings between the use of sectionblocks and
\setuppagenumbering)?

> I use a couple of environment files which all define several things, title page, Table of contents,
> Table of Figures, page layout, page numbering, headers/footers etc. I could attach all of them,
> but I think the above settings are the one's that matter. I am not sure how to proceed to provide
> the correct but minimal information. I tried to put everything in a test file, but I was not successful.

What is the overall structure of your document? The setups look ok, so
it is more likely something relating to your use (or not..) of section
blocks. For example, it could be that your headings do not work inside
appendices or backmatter?

> I tried to attach the last three pages of my document, which demostrates the problem
> but I exceeded the 40 KB. Is there another way of uploading documents
> which are more than 40 KB in size ?

Putting them on the wiki temporarily is an option.

Good luck,
Taco

* Re: Empty last page, broken markings ??
@ 2006-08-24 13:43   ` WN
From: WN @ 2006-08-24 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)