* Re: common counter
       [not found] <mailman.400.1152605299.1824.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-09-03 13:22 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-09-03 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

This is a question to a somewhat older post:

> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:55:28 +0200
> From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Common counter
>
> David Arnold wrote:
> > This is excellent. Now, how can I include this
> >
> > \placeformula[eq:nine]
> > \startformula
> > f(x)=x^2
> > \stopformula
> >
> > with the same common counter as remark and definition below?
> >
> hm, it's incredible what users come up with but this time you're
> lucky -)
>
> \defineenumeration[whatever]
>
> \definenumber[davidsnumber]
>
> \setupnumber[whatever][number=davidsnumber]
> \setupnumber[formula] [number=davidsnumber]

% If one says additionally here:

\setupnumber[figure][number=davidsnumber]

> \starttext
>
> \placeformula[x]
>     \startformula x\stopformula
>
> \startwhatever x\stopwhatever
>
> \placeformula[x]
>     \startformula y\stopformula
>
> \startwhatever y\stopwhatever

% and here for example:

\placefigure{image}{\framed[width=1cm,height=1cm]{image}}

> \stoptext

then, davidsnumber is incremented by \placefigure but not used for
the caption etc.

How can I extend the usage of davidsnumber to captions and
figuretables?

Wolfgang

* footnotes number doesn´t reset bychapter
@ 2006-09-03 14:56   ` Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2006-09-03 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello:

\setupfootnotes[way=bychapter]

doesn´t reset all the chapters footnotes numbering.

I´ve also tryed:

\setupnumber[footnote][start=1],

\setnumber[footnote]{1} and

\setupnumber[footnote][way=bysection,start=1]

and didn´t work.

I have 9 parts and 20 chapters. 5 chapters are wrong numered and they all
are the first chapter after a part.

Please help!!!

thankyou in advance.

* RE: footnotes number doesn´t reset bychapter
@ 2006-09-03 15:24     ` Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2006-09-03 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

i´ve fixed it making a fake chapterlike head, [placehead=no,page=] .

* Re: common counter
       [not found] <mailman.1.1157364002.16930.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-09-05 10:09 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-09-05 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

I'll try asking my question a little bit different:

With

\setupnumber[formula] [number=davidsnumber]

the origin formulanumber(what is its name?) will be overwritten and
replaced by davidsnumber.

But with

\setupnumber[figure] [number=davidsnumber]

the origin figurenumbering remains untouched and davidsnumber gets an
additionl counter.

So there are the following questions:

- Why is this different behaviour?
- How can I replace the figurecounter by davidsnumber such, that
captions and figuretables will use this new counter?
- Are the origin formula/figure-counters compatible with counters
defined by \definenumber? Or are they other animals?

Wolfgang

* Re: Common counter
@ 2006-07-11  7:55     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-11  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> This is excellent. Now, how can I include this
>
> \placeformula[eq:nine]
> \startformula
> f(x)=x^2
> \stopformula
>
> with the same common counter as remark and definition below?

hm, it's incredible what users come up with but this time you're lucky -)

\defineenumeration[whatever]

\definenumber[davidsnumber]

\setupnumber[whatever][number=davidsnumber]
\setupnumber[formula] [number=davidsnumber]

\starttext

\placeformula[x]
    \startformula x\stopformula

\startwhatever x\stopwhatever

\placeformula[x]
    \startformula y\stopformula

\startwhatever y\stopwhatever

\stoptext

(1) can you wikify this
(2) can someone add this to the test suite

since we need to make sure that it keeps working

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Common counter
@ 2006-07-11  3:36   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-07-11  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is excellent. Now, how can I include this

\placeformula[eq:nine]
\startformula
f(x)=x^2
\stopformula

with the same common counter as remark and definition below?

> just clone the definition one:
>
> \defineenumeration
>   [remark]
>   [location=serried,
>    width=broad,
>    text=Remark,
>    headstyle=bold,
>    inbetween=\blank,
>    before=\blank,
>    after=\blank,
>    way=bysection]
>
> \defineenumeration
>   [definition]
>   [remark]
>   [text=Definition]
>
> \starttext
>     \startremark
>        Foo
>     \stopremark
>     \startdefinition
>        Foo
>     \stopdefinition
> \stoptext
>

>> \setupoutput[pdf]
>>
>> \newcounter\NonFigCtr
>> \define\nctr{\doglobal\increment\NonFigCtr \color[red]{[\NonFigCtr]}}
>>

>> \defineenumeration
>> 	[remark]
>> 	[location=serried,
>> 		width=broad,
>> 		text=Remark,
>> 		headstyle=bold,
>> 		inbetween=\blank,
>> 		before=\blank,
>> 		after=\blank,
>> 		way=bysection,
>> 		number=nctr]
>>
>> \defineenumeration
>> 	[definition]
>> 	[location=serried,
>> 		width=broad,
>> 		text=Definition,
>> 		headstyle=bold,
>> 		inbetween=\blank,
>> 		before=\blank,
>> 		after=\blank,
>> 		way=bysection,
>> 		number=nctr]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startremark
>>    Foo
>> \stopremark
>>
>> \startdefinition
>>    Foo
>> \stopdefinition
>>

>> \stoptext
>>

> --

* Re: Common counter
@ 2006-07-10 18:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-10 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> How do you get two enumerations to use a common counter? This didn't
> work.

just clone the definition one:

\defineenumeration
  [remark]
  [location=serried,
   width=broad,
   text=Remark,
   headstyle=bold,
   inbetween=\blank,
   before=\blank,
   after=\blank,
   way=bysection]

\defineenumeration
  [definition]
  [remark]
  [text=Definition]

\starttext
    \startremark
       Foo
    \stopremark
    \startdefinition
       Foo
    \stopdefinition
\stoptext

> \setupoutput[pdf]
>
> \newcounter\NonFigCtr
> \define\nctr{\doglobal\increment\NonFigCtr \color[red]{[\NonFigCtr]}}
>

> \defineenumeration
> 	[remark]
> 	[location=serried,
> 		width=broad,