* listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-01 15:14 richard rascher-friesenhausen
From: richard rascher-friesenhausen @ 2006-09-01 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

in my scripts i use different kinds of figure, defined as floats cloned
from the original ConTeXt figure:

\definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
\definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]

In my script environment i use different setups for figure, afigure and
bfigure that are not shown here.
Using cloning, all figures use the same counter, which is nice. But how
can i get all figures into the same listoffigures, so that i can use
only one \placelistof*** instead of three?

Regards
   richard

%=======================================================================
% begin of file *list-test.tex*
%=======================================================================
% richard@mevis.de

% layout
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------
\setuppapersize[A4][A4]

% float defs
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------
\definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
\definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]

%=======================================================================
\starttext
%=======================================================================
\placelistoffigures
\placelistofafigures
\placelistofbfigures
\hairline

A figure:
\placefigure{a figure}{\framed[width=3cm,height=3cm]{figure}}

An a-figure:
\placeafigure{an a-figure}{\framed[width=3cm,height=3cm]{afigure}}

An b-figure:

\placebfigure{a b-figure}{\framed[width=3cm,height=3cm]{bfigure}}

%-----------------------------------------------------------------------
\page
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A figure:
\placefigure{a figure}{\framed[width=3cm,height=3cm]{figure}}

An a-figure:
\placeafigure{an a-figure}{\framed[width=3cm,height=3cm]{afigure}}

An b-figure:

\placebfigure{a b-figure}{\framed[width=3cm,height=3cm]{bfigure}}

%=======================================================================
\stoptext
%=======================================================================
% end of file *list-test.tex*
%=======================================================================

Richard Rascher-Friesenhausen
MeVis Research GmbH
Universitaetsallee 29
D-28359 Bremen

als auch
Hochschule Bremerhaven, Studiengang Medizintechnik
An der Karlsstadt 8
27568 Bremerhaven

email: richard@mevis.de, richard.rascher-friesenhausen@hs-bremerhaven.de
www  : http://www.mevis.de/, http://www.hs-bremerhaven.de/
fon  : +49 - 421 - 218 7707 (mevis)
fax  : +49 - 421 - 218 4236 (mevis)

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-01 16:32 ` nico
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: nico @ 2006-09-01 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:14:01 +0200, richard rascher-friesenhausen
<richard@mevis.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in my scripts i use different kinds of figure, defined as floats cloned
> from the original ConTeXt figure:
>
> \definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
> \definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]
>
> In my script environment i use different setups for figure, afigure and
> bfigure that are not shown here.
> Using cloning, all figures use the same counter, which is nice.

Really? In which release the counter is the same? With your case, I have
here the figure numbers 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2.

Regards,
BG

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-01 17:07   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-09-01 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, nico wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:14:01 +0200, richard rascher-friesenhausen
> <richard@mevis.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> in my scripts i use different kinds of figure, defined as floats cloned
>> from the original ConTeXt figure:
>>
>> \definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
>> \definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]
>>
>> In my script environment i use different setups for figure, afigure and
>> bfigure that are not shown here.
>> Using cloning, all figures use the same counter, which is nice.
>
> Really? In which release the counter is the same? With your case, I have
> here the figure numbers 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2.

I confirm that with the latest beta, I get the same results. But looking
at the definition of redodefinefloat this should work.

\def\redodefinefloat[#1][#2][#3]% same label/number
%[snip]
    \definenumber[#1][#3]%
%[snip]

This means that the number #1 and #3 should be coupled. A simple test
confirms this

\definenumber[one]
\definenumber[two][one]

\starttext

one: \getnumber[one]
\incrementnumber[two]

one: \getnumber[one]

two: \getnumber[two]

\stoptext

I do not understand why this should fail with definefloat.

BTW, why is the definition of redodefinefloat repeated in the source?

Aditya

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-01 19:37   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-01 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:14:01 +0200, richard rascher-friesenhausen
> <richard@mevis.de> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> in my scripts i use different kinds of figure, defined as floats cloned
>> from the original ConTeXt figure:
>>
>> \definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
>> \definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]
>>
>> In my script environment i use different setups for figure, afigure and
>> bfigure that are not shown here.
>> Using cloning, all figures use the same counter, which is nice.
>>

> Really? In which release the counter is the same? With your case, I have
> here the figure numbers 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2.
>
> Regards,
> BG

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-04 12:12   ` richard rascher-friesenhausen
From: richard rascher-friesenhausen @ 2006-09-04 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico schrieb:
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:14:01 +0200, richard rascher-friesenhausen
> <richard@mevis.de> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> in my scripts i use different kinds of figure, defined as floats cloned
>> from the original ConTeXt figure:
>>
>> \definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
>> \definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]
>>
>> In my script environment i use different setups for figure, afigure and
>> bfigure that are not shown here.
>> Using cloning, all figures use the same counter, which is nice.
>>

> Really? In which release the counter is the same? With your case, I have
> here the figure numbers 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2.
>
> Regards,
> BG

Hello

In ConTeXt ver. 2006.08.04 standalone windows version the numbering is
wrong. All figures on page one get the number 1, all figures on page two
get number 2.

In ConTeXt ver. 2005.11.30 standalone windows version the numbering is
correct. But \placelistoffigures only show the native figures, too.

So something must be broken in the newest ConTeXT...

Regards
   richard

@ 2006-09-04 18:05     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-09-04 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

with Context 2006.08.08 there is  no problem with the figure-numbering.

In order to get your figure lists typeset:

    \conpletelistoffigures
    \completelistofafigures
    \completelistofbfigures

Kind regards
Willi

richard rascher-friesenhausen wrote:
> nico schrieb:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:14:01 +0200, richard rascher-friesenhausen
>> <richard@mevis.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> in my scripts i use different kinds of figure, defined as floats cloned
>>> from the original ConTeXt figure:
>>>
>>> \definefloat[afigure][afigures][figure]
>>> \definefloat[bfigure][bfigures][figure]
>>>
>>> In my script environment i use different setups for figure, afigure and
>>> bfigure that are not shown here.
>>> Using cloning, all figures use the same counter, which is nice.
>>>

>> Really? In which release the counter is the same? With your case, I have
>> here the figure numbers 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2.
>>
>> Regards,
>> BG
>>

> Hello
>
> In ConTeXt ver. 2006.08.04 standalone windows version the numbering is
> wrong. All figures on page one get the number 1, all figures on page two
> get number 2.
>
> In ConTeXt ver. 2005.11.30 standalone windows version the numbering is
> correct. But \placelistoffigures only show the native figures, too.
>
> So something must be broken in the newest ConTeXT...
>
> Regards
>    richard

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-05  8:05       ` richard rascher-friesenhausen
From: richard rascher-friesenhausen @ 2006-09-05  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> with Context 2006.08.08 there is  no problem with the figure-numbering.
>
> In order to get your figure lists typeset:
>
>     \conpletelistoffigures
>     \completelistofafigures
>     \completelistofbfigures
>
> Kind regards
> Willi

Hello,

that's right, there is no problem in getting *three* lists. But i want
only *one* list, showing figures, afigures and bfigures in correct
order. I think, there must be a simple solution, but i don not find it....

(There are three kinds of figures, because each of them has its own setups.)

Regards
   richard

@ 2006-09-05  9:52         ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-09-05  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aha, this was misunderstood here. But please refer to my other post
concerning this. I run into another problem....
Willi

richard rascher-friesenhausen wrote:
> Willi Egger schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> with Context 2006.08.08 there is  no problem with the figure-numbering.
>>
>> In order to get your figure lists typeset:
>>
>>     \conpletelistoffigures
>>     \completelistofafigures
>>     \completelistofbfigures
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Willi
>>

> Hello,
>
> that's right, there is no problem in getting *three* lists. But i want
> only *one* list, showing figures, afigures and bfigures in correct
> order. I think, there must be a simple solution, but i don not find it....
>
> (There are three kinds of figures, because each of them has its own setups.)
>
> Regards
>    richard

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-06 21:32         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-06 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

richard rascher-friesenhausen wrote:
> Willi Egger schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> with Context 2006.08.08 there is  no problem with the figure-numbering.
>>
>> In order to get your figure lists typeset:
>>
>>     \conpletelistoffigures
>>     \completelistofafigures
>>     \completelistofbfigures
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Willi
>>

> Hello,
>
> that's right, there is no problem in getting *three* lists. But i want
> only *one* list, showing figures, afigures and bfigures in correct
> order. I think, there must be a simple solution, but i don not find it....
>
> (There are three kinds of figures, because each of them has its own setups.)

\placelist[figures,afigures,bfigures]

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: listoffloats question
@ 2006-09-07  7:44           ` richard rascher-friesenhausen
From: richard rascher-friesenhausen @ 2006-09-07  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> richard rascher-friesenhausen wrote:
>
>> Willi Egger schrieb:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> with Context 2006.08.08 there is  no problem with the figure-numbering.
>>>
>>> In order to get your figure lists typeset:
>>>
>>>     \conpletelistoffigures
>>>     \completelistofafigures
>>>     \completelistofbfigures
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Willi
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> that's right, there is no problem in getting *three* lists. But i want
>> only *one* list, showing figures, afigures and bfigures in correct
>> order. I think, there must be a simple solution, but i don not find it....
>>
>> (There are three kinds of figures, because each of them has its own setups.)
>>

> \placelist[figures,afigures,bfigures]

Now i get the following error message:

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \@@lifigurescriterium
\dosetfilterlevel ...l {\csname \??by \askedlevel
                                                  \endcsname }\ifx
\byaskedl...

\dosettoclevel ...alue {#1#2\c!criterium }}\empty
                                                  \else
\doifelsevaluenothin...

\doplacerawlist ...clevel \??li \firstlistelement
                                                  \honorlocalfilterlevel
\do...

\doplacelist ...ginoflist \doplacerawlist [#1][#2]
                                                  \doendoflist
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.24

I am using the latest win standalone version.

Regards
   richard

Prof. Dr. Richard Rascher-Friesenhausen

@ 2006-09-07 16:24             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-07 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

richard rascher-friesenhausen wrote:
> Hans Hagen schrieb:
>
>> richard rascher-friesenhausen wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> that's right, there is no problem in getting *three* lists. But i want
>>> only *one* list, showing figures, afigures and bfigures in correct
>>> order. I think, there must be a simple solution, but i don not find it....
>>>
>>> (There are three kinds of figures, because each of them has its own setups.)
>>>

>> \placelist[figures,afigures,bfigures]

\placelist[figure,afigure,bfigure]

> Now i get the following error message:
>
> ! Missing \endcsname inserted.