* \setuppapersize[XY] not working properly with landscape orientation
@ 2006-09-07 12:45 Mojca Miklavec
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-07 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

\setuppapersize[XY] is not working properly when paper orientation is
landscape. The following code results in pages of dimensions 29.5 x
29.5 cm:

\setuppapersize
	[XY][A4,landscape]
\setuppaper
	[nx=3,ny=1]
\setuparranging
	[XY]

\showframe

\starttext

second page
\page
last page
\page
first page
\page
content in
\page
the middle
\page
three pages

\stoptext

I also have an additional question: I can use
    \setupbackgrounds
        [page]
        [background=...]
for single pages which works perfectly. But how can I place a
background figure on the "whole page" (i.e. spanning across the
"middle three 'conceptual' pages", which is the "second page" when
printed on paper)

Thank you,
    Mojca

* Re: \setuppapersize[XY] not working properly with landscape orientation
@ 2006-09-07 13:26 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-09-07 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mojca,

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> \setuppapersize[XY] is not working properly when paper orientation is
> landscape. The following code results in pages of dimensions 29.5 x
> 29.5 cm:
>
> \setuppapersize
> 	[XY][A4,landscape]
> \setuppaper
> 	[nx=3,ny=1]
> \setuparranging
> 	[XY]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> second page
> \page
> last page
> \page
> first page
> \page
> content in
> \page
> the middle
> \page
> three pages
>
> \stoptext
>
> I also have an additional question: I can use
>     \setupbackgrounds
>         [page]
>         [background=...]
> for single pages which works perfectly. But how can I place a
> background figure on the "whole page" (i.e. spanning across the
> "middle three 'conceptual' pages", which is the "second page" when
> printed on paper)

Have you tried \setupbackgrounds[paper][background=...]?

Peter

@ 2006-09-07 14:30   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-07 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/7/06, Peter Rolf wrote:
> > I also have an additional question: I can use
> >     \setupbackgrounds
> >         [page]
> >         [background=...]
> > for single pages which works perfectly. But how can I place a
> > background figure on the "whole page" (i.e. spanning across the
> > "middle three 'conceptual' pages", which is the "second page" when
> > printed on paper)
> >
> Have you tried \setupbackgrounds[paper][background=...]?

I didn't know about that before. Now I tried it, but it had no effect.

Thanks anyway,

@ 2006-09-07 15:37     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-09-07 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Peter Rolf wrote:
>>> I also have an additional question: I can use
>>>     \setupbackgrounds
>>>         [page]
>>>         [background=...]
>>> for single pages which works perfectly. But how can I place a
>>> background figure on the "whole page" (i.e. spanning across the
>>> "middle three 'conceptual' pages", which is the "second page" when
>>> printed on paper)
>>>
>> Have you tried \setupbackgrounds[paper][background=...]?
>
> I didn't know about that before. Now I tried it, but it had no effect.

mhh, works here (but maybe not in your example?)

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\defineoverlay[test][{\bgroup\color[red]\blackrule[height=\paperheight,width=\paperwidth]\egroup}]
\setupbackgrounds[paper][background=test]

\starttext
\null
\stoptext

@ 2006-09-07 17:11       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-07 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/7/06, Peter Rolf wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> >> Have you tried \setupbackgrounds[paper][background=...]?
> >
> > I didn't know about that before. Now I tried it, but it had no effect.
> >
> mhh, works here (but maybe not in your example?)
>
> \setupoutput[pdftex]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \defineoverlay[test][{\bgroup\color[red]\blackrule[height=\paperheight,width=\paperwidth]\egroup}]
> \setupbackgrounds[paper][background=test]
>
> \starttext
> \null
> \stoptext

Your example works, but the following doesn't:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\defineoverlay[test][{\bgroup\color[red]\blackrule[height=\paperheight,width=\paperwidth]\egroup}]
\setupbackgrounds[paper][background=test]
% or: \setupbackgrounds[paper][background=color,backgroundcolor=red]

\setuppapersize
	[XY][A4,landscape]
\setuppaper
	[nx=3,ny=1]
\setuparranging
	[XY]

\starttext
\null
\stoptext

@ 2006-09-07 19:22 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-09-07 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Indeed there is a calculation problem. Even if you define your papersize
as a landscape paper with \definepapersize[Mylandscape][height=210mm,
width=297mm]
the calculation is incorrect. Apparently the problem is not related to
the option "landscape" or "rotated".

Willi

@ 2006-09-13  8:41 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-13  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/7/06, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> \setuppapersize[XY] is not working properly when paper orientation is
> landscape. The following code results in pages of dimensions 29.5 x
> 29.5 cm:
>
> \setuppapersize
>         [XY][A4,landscape]
> \setuppaper
>         [nx=3,ny=1]
> \setuparranging
>         [XY]

Are there any news about fixing page dimensions in XY papersizes?

Thanks,

@ 2006-09-14 19:39   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-14 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> \setuppapersize[XY] is not working properly when paper orientation is
>> landscape. The following code results in pages of dimensions 29.5 x
>> 29.5 cm:
>>
>> \setuppapersize
>>         [XY][A4,landscape]
>> \setuppaper
>>         [nx=3,ny=1]
>> \setuparranging
>>         [XY]
>>

> Are there any news about fixing page dimensions in XY papersizes?

hm, that sounds desperate ... watch the lunatic definition below:

\unprotect

\definepapersize
  [XY]
  [\c!height=\dimexpr\ifnum\printlandscape>\zerocount
               \dimexpr\dimexpr\@@ppwidth
-\numexpr\@@ppnx-1\relax\dimexpr\@@ppdx\relax\relax/\@@ppnx\relax
             \else

\dimexpr\dimexpr\@@ppheight-\numexpr\@@ppny-1\relax\dimexpr\@@ppdy\relax\relax/\@@ppny\relax
             \fi\relax,
   \c!width =\dimexpr\ifnum\printlandscape>\zerocount

\dimexpr\dimexpr\@@ppheight-\numexpr\@@ppny-1\relax\dimexpr\@@ppdy\relax\relax/\@@ppny\relax
             \else
               \dimexpr\dimexpr\@@ppwidth
-\numexpr\@@ppnx-1\relax\dimexpr\@@ppdx\relax\relax/\@@ppnx\relax