* texfont error
@ 2006-09-17  2:11 Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-09-17  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have not used texfont in quite a while, but it seems something has
gone wrong as this was the output I got. Same result if prefixed with
texmfstart. This is debian linux and perl is

~$ perl --version

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

~$ texfont
Global symbol "$uselmencodings" requires explicit package name at
/home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl line 202.
Global symbol "$lm" requires explicit package name at
/home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl line 873.
Global symbol "$lm" requires explicit package name at
/home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl line 964.
Global symbol "$theencoding" requires explicit package name at
/home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl line 965.
Global symbol "$lm" requires explicit package name at
/home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl line
1042.
Global symbol "$lm" requires explicit package name at
/home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl line
1169.
Execution of /home/johans/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl
aborted due to compilation errors.

Regards, Johan

--
Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm

* Re: texfont error
@ 2006-09-17 11:13 ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-09-17 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Digging further reveals a working texfont.pl installed with debians
texlive. The two texfonts claim to be the same version (in header) but
are quite different. Both are included in the attached zip.

Regards, Johan

--
Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell

[-- Attachment #2: texfonts.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 23195 bytes --]

* Re: texfont error
@ 2006-09-17 14:19   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-17 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johan Sandblom wrote:
> Digging further reveals a working texfont.pl installed with debians
> texlive. The two texfonts claim to be the same version (in header) but
> are quite different. Both are included in the attached zip.

hm, yuu can always run the latest with

texmfstart texfont .....

that will take the one from the tex tree

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: texfont error
@ 2006-09-18  8:28     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-18  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/17/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Johan Sandblom wrote:
> > Digging further reveals a working texfont.pl installed with debians
> > texlive. The two texfonts claim to be the same version (in header) but
> > are quite different. Both are included in the attached zip.

But it's true that some variables ($lm and such) were added recently
without declaring them first and adding some default value somewhere,
so perl complains about "undeclared variables" (adding "my $lm" at the
beginning surely helps, but that's not the only undeclared variable).

> hm, yuu can always run the latest with
>
> texmfstart texfont .....
>
> that will take the one from the tex tree

The problem is exactly that: the latest version "doesn't work".

But I can't comment much more - whenever I try to use it under windows
I give up trying to find the cause of the problems and proceed
manually (texfont claims to have produced such-and-such files, but no
files are created and no checking is made whether they are produced or
not - some steps which return an error are simply ignored).

Mojca

* Re: texfont error
@ 2006-09-18  9:15       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-18  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 9/17/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Johan Sandblom wrote:
>>
>>> Digging further reveals a working texfont.pl installed with debians
>>> texlive. The two texfonts claim to be the same version (in header) but
>>> are quite different. Both are included in the attached zip.

> But it's true that some variables ($lm and such) were added recently
> without declaring them first and adding some default value somewhere,
> so perl complains about "undeclared variables" (adding "my $lm" at the
> beginning surely helps, but that's not the only undeclared variable).
>

>> hm, yuu can always run the latest with
>>
>> texmfstart texfont .....
>>
>> that will take the one from the tex tree
>>

> The problem is exactly that: the latest version "doesn't work".
>
> But I can't comment much more - whenever I try to use it under windows
> I give up trying to find the cause of the problems and proceed
> manually (texfont claims to have produced such-and-such files, but no
> files are created and no checking is made whether they are produced or
> not - some steps which return an error are simply ignored).

ah, i see, seems that i merged some code without declarations

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE