* counter for MPtoPDF calls [feature request]
@ 2006-09-27 13:59 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-09-27 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I tested the beta from yesterday and I liked the incremented number
behind the MPtoPDF calls (in older versions this was always [1]). I'm
currently optimizing some of my graphics for trailtypesetting and the
incremented counter was really informative.

[..]
[MP to PDF] (./testbed-mpgraph.1)This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2c
7.5.3)
(testbed-mpgraph.mp (r:\mp-test.mp) [37]
                                    ^^^^
[..]

In the current beta this number is completely missing. What was this
number for and is it possible to attach the current number of MPtoPDF calls?

Greetings, Peter

* Re: counter for MPtoPDF calls [feature request]
@ 2006-09-27 14:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-27 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I tested the beta from yesterday and I liked the incremented number
> behind the MPtoPDF calls (in older versions this was always [1]). I'm
> currently optimizing some of my graphics for trailtypesetting and the
> incremented counter was really informative.

the incremen t(i.e. not reuse) was a bug introduced when messing around
with the statics
> [..]
> [MP to PDF] (./testbed-mpgraph.1)This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2c
> 7.5.3)
> (testbed-mpgraph.mp (r:\mp-test.mp) [37]
>                                     ^^^^
> [..]
>
> In the current beta this number is completely missing. What was this
> number for and is it possible to attach the current number of MPtoPDF calls?

hm, so you want the option to not recycleMPslots ?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-09-27 14:58   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-09-27 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I tested the beta from yesterday and I liked the incremented number
>> behind the MPtoPDF calls (in older versions this was always [1]). I'm
>> currently optimizing some of my graphics for trailtypesetting and the
>> incremented counter was really informative.
>>
> the incremen t(i.e. not reuse) was a bug introduced when messing around
> with the statics
>> [..]
>> [MP to PDF] (./testbed-mpgraph.1)This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2c
>> 7.5.3)
>> (testbed-mpgraph.mp (r:\mp-test.mp) [37]
>>                                     ^^^^
>> [..]
>>
>> In the current beta this number is completely missing. What was this
>> number for and is it possible to attach the current number of MPtoPDF calls?
>>
> hm, so you want the option to not recycleMPslots ?

Ahh, now I understand. So if I want to get the exact number of MPtoPDF
calls, I only need to disable recycleMPslots. I always enabled it, so I
never noticed, what this number is for.

Thanks for the info and just forget the request.

Peter