* 3D Artwork with ConTeXt
@ 2006-09-28 18:09 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-09-28 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm now playing with u3d and since I'm at rookie level in ConTeXt dev, I
have (a lot?) of questions for you.
First, download http://www.nibua-r.org/ConTeXt/devel/3dartwork.tgz and
"texexec test-3dartwork". Since I use \externalfigure and u3d mean
nothing to ConTeXt, I obtain

TeXUtil | running texmfstart rlxtools --identify ./context.u3d
identify: no decode delegate for this image format `./context.u3d'.
RlxTools | unable to identify ./context.u3d

Ok, this is normal... I used \placefigure and \externalfigure for
convenience for the moment since I found natural to use them... How to
bypass RlxTools ?

Now, see t-3dartwork. There is a lot of work. The main idea is to split
\doPDFinsertiiidartwork into several macros ;) . I need help on:
1. What's the best way to define the following macro

\defineiiidartworkprojection[name][type=perspective|orthographic ,
nf=automatic|explicit , near=number, far=number, fov=number.....]

You're welcome to give your opinion on naming convention ;)

2. Same question for
\defineiiidartworkview[name][bgr=number, bgg=number, bgb=number (or 3
floats for bgcol), projection=name, camera= 3 floats (but how?), target=
idem, up=idem]

I'll use ruby and a magic | (see [NTG-context] run a ruby script and use
the standard output ???) to calculate C2W and CO...

3. ... I need to define a macro to setup the 3D annot before to use it
by \externalfigure or with another brand new macro...

That's it for the moment...

Renaud

* Re: 3D Artwork with ConTeXt
@ 2006-09-28 22:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-28 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm now playing with u3d and since I'm at rookie level in ConTeXt dev,
> I have (a lot?) of questions for you.
> First, download http://www.nibua-r.org/ConTeXt/devel/3dartwork.tgz and
> "texexec test-3dartwork". Since I use \externalfigure and u3d mean
> nothing to ConTeXt, I obtain
>
> TeXUtil | running texmfstart rlxtools --identify ./context.u3d
> identify: no decode delegate for this image format `./context.u3d'.
> RlxTools | unable to identify ./context.u3d
>
> Ok, this is normal... I used \placefigure and \externalfigure for
> convenience for the moment since I found natural to use them... How to
> bypass RlxTools ?
hm, maybe we need a  feature to mark a  category as non-rlx-able

for the moment use  \chardef\figurerlxmode\zerocount

it's comparable to movies and so, as long as some kind of dimensions are
known ... i'll look into that later

> Now, see t-3dartwork. There is a lot of work. The main idea is to
> split \doPDFinsertiiidartwork into several macros ;) . I need help on:
> 1. What's the best way to define the following macro
>
> \defineiiidartworkprojection[name][type=perspective|orthographic ,
> nf=automatic|explicit , near=number, far=number, fov=number.....]
try to use existing ones: auto instead of automatic

> You're welcome to give your opinion on naming convention ;)
>
> 2. Same question for
> \defineiiidartworkview[name][bgr=number, bgg=number, bgb=number (or 3
> floats for bgcol), projection=name, camera= 3 floats (but how?),
> target= idem, up=idem]
>
> I'll use ruby and a magic | (see [NTG-context] run a ruby script and
> use the standard output ???) to calculate C2W and CO...
best is to make that pluggable, so that we can optimize such computations

> 3. ... I need to define a macro to setup the 3D annot before to use it
> by \externalfigure or with another brand new macro...
just collect whatever we need to do that and i'll integrate it in such a way that multiple backend are supported as well as mkii and mkiv code

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: 3D Artwork with ConTeXt
@ 2006-09-29  7:53   ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-09-29  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen a écrit :

>>Ok, this is normal... I used \placefigure and \externalfigure for
>>convenience for the moment since I found natural to use them... How to
>>bypass RlxTools ?
>>

>hm, maybe we need a  feature to mark a  category as non-rlx-able
>
>for the moment use  \chardef\figurerlxmode\zerocount

ok

>it's comparable to movies and so, as long as some kind of dimensions are
>known ... i'll look into that later

Dimensions are not known explicitly from the 3D Artwork.
\useexternalfigure allows us to set height and width as desired.
Moreover, for  a given width, different height doesn't affect the aspect
of the 3D Artwork.

>>\defineiiidartworkprojection[name][type=perspective|orthographic ,
>>nf=automatic|explicit , near=number, far=number, fov=number.....]
>>

>try to use existing ones: auto instead of automatic

ok

>>I'll use ruby and a magic | (see [NTG-context] run a ruby script and
>>use the standard output ???) to calculate C2W and CO...
>>

>best is to make that pluggable, so that we can optimize such computations

What do you mean by "pluggable" ? Do you mean that we can turn this
"feature" on or off ? (for the moment, it's definitely off ;)  )

Renaud

* Re: 3D Artwork with ConTeXt
@ 2006-09-29 14:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-29 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Hans Hagen a écrit :
>>> Ok, this is normal... I used \placefigure and \externalfigure for
>>> convenience for the moment since I found natural to use them... How to
>>> bypass RlxTools ?
>>>
>> hm, maybe we need a  feature to mark a  category as non-rlx-able
>>
>> for the moment use  \chardef\figurerlxmode\zerocount
>>
> ok
>> it's comparable to movies and so, as long as some kind of dimensions are
>> known ... i'll look into that later
>>
> Dimensions are not known explicitly from the 3D Artwork.
> \useexternalfigure allows us to set height and width as desired.
> Moreover, for  a given width, different height doesn't affect the
> aspect of the 3D Artwork.
>>> \defineiiidartworkprojection[name][type=perspective|orthographic ,
>>> nf=automatic|explicit , near=number, far=number, fov=number.....]
>>>
>> try to use existing ones: auto instead of automatic
>>
> ok
>>> I'll use ruby and a magic | (see [NTG-context] run a ruby script and
>>> use the standard output ???) to calculate C2W and CO...
>>>
>> best is to make that pluggable, so that we can optimize such computations
>>
> What do you mean by "pluggable" ? Do you mean that we can turn this
> "feature" on or off ? (for the moment, it's definitely off ;)  )

something:

CW2=\defaultcwii

where we can implement \defaultcwii as we want, but at the same time
(for the moment) you can set it manually

Hans