* How to set a picture as the background of sildes ?
@ 2006-10-03  8:03 fdu.xiaojf
From: fdu.xiaojf @ 2006-10-03  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am going to write a slides with a picture as background. I have
googled but got no hints.

Can someone recommend how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

xiaojf

* Re: How to set a picture as the background of sildes ?
@ 2006-10-03 18:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-03 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

fdu.xiaojf@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to write a slides with a picture as background. I have
> googled but got no hints.
>
> Can someone recommend how to achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance!

ah .. an easy one

\defineoverlay[nice][\overlayfigure{something.pdf}]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=nice]

more advanced thinsg canbe done by stacking backgrounds and/or using layers

HAns

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-10-03 18:53 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-10-03 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

One of the approaches is to use things like

    \defineoverlay [TitleGraphic]
[{\externalfigure[picture-A][width=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight]}]
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background={TitleGraphic}] %

Yet another way is using layers. For details please refer to the
"details" manual.

Willi