On 14 avr. 2010, at 11:56, Willi Egger wrote: > Tiger 10.4.11 on a Macbook-intel > > running texlua -- version works. > > However running mtxrun without any option results in a bus error. > > Furthermore, I wanted to update the minimals in the usual way with first-setup in a new tree. No chance, it stops after downloading the first bits: > > sent 37 bytes received 132 bytes 112.67 bytes/sec > total size is 5610517 speedup is 33198.33 Hi Willi, Two weeks ago I had a similar problem on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6. The issue seemed to be with an old first-setup.sh file: when I updated that file everything worked fine. As a test to reproduce your experience, I just created a new folder, copied the file first-setup.sh there and installed anew the minimals: they work without any problem here. Just in case, I send you the file I have on my machine, and you can compare with yours. Best regards: OK