* using pgf/tikz and bib modules together
@ 2006-11-06  8:54 M.J. Kallen
From: M.J. Kallen @ 2006-11-06  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apropos the bib module,

ConTeXt users wishing to use both the pgf/tikz module (v1.10) and the bib module together, will (currently) have to use the CVS version of pgf because both modules clash with the use of the .aux file. The following was posted by the pgf developer Till Tantau on the pgf maillist:

"it turns out that, indeed, the .aux writing of the bib module clashes
with pgf's usage of the file of the same name. I renamed this stuff
to .pgf and it works fine, now.
You will need to get the current CVS of pgf since the change is not
quite trivial.
Alternatively, a quick-and-easy-fix is to find the file pgf/generic/
pgf/utilities/pgfutil-context.def and to delete the three lines
having to do with .aux files at the beginning. Then picture
remembering will not work (which it does in the CVS), but that may
not be a top priority."

I'm assuming the new bib module still uses the .aux file for the same purposes as before.

Maarten-Jan

* Re: using pgf/tikz and bib modules together
@ 2006-11-06  9:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-11-06  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

M.J. Kallen wrote:

> I'm assuming the new bib module still uses the .aux file for the same purposes as before.

Yes. It absolutely has to be .aux, because bibtex doesn't accept
anything else, but if pgf/tikz support is based on LaTeX/s aux
file, it may be possible to merge the two uses. I have no time
to check that right now, but please remind me after TUG 2006.

Greetings,

Taco