* Font installation
@ 2006-11-06 13:33 Antoine Junod
From: Antoine Junod @ 2006-11-06 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I'm trying to install new fonts in my texmf tree but at each try I
stop at the same point, when compiling my test file:

(./type-doulos.tex)
! Font \*doulos12ptrmtfrm*:=DoulosSil at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
 not found.

I've got this problem not only with doulos but with gfs fonts too, and
others.

Font installation in the texmf tree with texfont works well. I can
compile without any problem the texnansi-sil-doulos.tex file (idem
with other files).

What am I doing wrong?

Here is my minimal type-doulos.tex:

% type-doulos.tex
\starttypescript [map] [texnansi]
  \loadmapfile[texnansi-sil-doulos]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [doulos] [texnansi]
  \definefontsynonym[DoulosSIL][texnansi-DoulosSILR][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [doulos] [name]
  \definefontsynonym[Serif] [DoulosSil]
\stoptypescript

And here is my minimal test file:
\usetypescriptfile[type-doulos]
\definetypeface[doulos][rm][serif][doulos][default][encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[doulos,rm,10pt]

\starttext
This is the end, gggggnnnnnn
\stoptext

Thanks a lot for your reply.
-AJ

* Font installation
@ 2001-12-23 17:02 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2001-12-23 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Heigh ho!

I installed (eg.) Palatino family with texfont.pl, but get the following
error while texing the resultig tex-file:
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/font-run.tex)
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \def
\handlecompoundcharacter #1->\def
                                  \dohandlecompoundcharacter {\ifx \next
\bg...

\@@ar@@2 ... \col \recurselevel \scratchcounter ="
                                                  \hexnumber \row
\hexnumber...

\redostepwiserecurse ... \recursedepth \endcsname
                                                  \dodostepwiserecurse
<to be read again>
                   {
<inserted text>
                1
l.21 ...nt[Palatino-Roman][texnansi-por][texnansi]

Is that my fault?

(texexec 2.6, pdfeTeX 14h)

Season's Greetings from the Hraban!