* Some questions about lua && context
@ 2006-11-07  9:25 Aleksandar Lazic
From: Aleksandar Lazic @ 2006-11-07  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

today I have looked into luatex and read the FAQ
http://www.luatex.org/faq.html

Just for my curiosity, have you looked into neko?!

http://www.nekovm.org/

I don't know when you have decide to go to lua and if then neko was out.

Thanks to satisfied my curiosity ;- )

Regards

Aleks

* Re: Some questions about lua && context
@ 2006-11-07  9:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-11-07  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I have looked into luatex and read the FAQ
> http://www.luatex.org/faq.html
>
> Just for my curiosity, have you looked into neko?!
>
> http://www.nekovm.org/
>
> I don't know when you have decide to go to lua and if then neko was out.
>
> Thanks to satisfied my curiosity ;- )

the choice for lua was made purely on my experience with perl, ruby and ... lua (embedded into skype)

one big advantage of lua is that it has a long history, has reached a point of stability, is developped in an academic atmosphere, is rather clean, very lightweight, etc

anyhow, the decision has been made (after the decision already several alternatives have been proposed -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-11-07 11:21 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2006-11-07 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/11/7, Aleksandar Lazic <al-context@none.at>:
> Just for my curiosity, have you looked into neko?!

lua <-> neko was already discussed on the lua list. :-)

The thread starts at http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2006-09/msg00598.html

Best
   Martin

* Re: Some questions about lua && context
@ 2006-11-07 11:32   ` Aleksandar Lazic
From: Aleksandar Lazic @ 2006-11-07 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Die 07.11.2006 10:47, Hans Hagen wrote:
>Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
[snipp]
>> I don't know when you have decide to go to lua and if then neko was
>> out.
>>
>> Thanks to satisfied my curiosity ;- )

[snipp]

>anyhow, the decision has been made (after the decision already several
>alternatives have been proposed -)

Thanks for answer ;-)

@ 2006-11-07 11:33   ` Aleksandar Lazic
From: Aleksandar Lazic @ 2006-11-07 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Die 07.11.2006 12:21, Martin Schröder wrote:
>2006/11/7, Aleksandar Lazic <al-context@none.at>:
>> Just for my curiosity, have you looked into neko?!
>
>lua <-> neko was already discussed on the lua list. :-)

I think I have read it in the past ;-)

Regards

Aleks