* underbar in MP text
@ 2006-11-12 15:29 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-11-12 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

if \underbar is used inside a MP text, it always uses a fixed rule
thickness, regardless of the settings in ConTeXt. How can I change this?

TIA, Peter

[-- Attachment #2: mptext.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 417 bytes --]

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\setMPtext{testtext} {}

\startusableMPgraphic{mptext}
  draw textext.rt(\MPstring{testtext}) ;
\stopusableMPgraphic

\starttext

\setupunderbar[rulethickness=2pt]

\underbar{Thick line}

\setMPtext{testtext}{\underbar{Thick line}}

\useMPgraphic{mptext}

\setupunderbar[rulethickness=.15pt]

\underbar{Thin line}

\setMPtext{testtext}{\underbar{Thin line}}

\useMPgraphic{mptext}

\stoptext

* Re: underbar in MP text
@ 2006-11-13 17:43 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-11-13 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Peter,

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Peter Rolf wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> if \underbar is used inside a MP text, it always uses a fixed rule
> thickness, regardless of the settings in ConTeXt. How can I change this?

Does adding the settings inside

\setupMPenvironment[global]

\setupunderbar...

\stopMPenvironment

help? Sorry, I can not test it at the moment. But basically, all the
settings for textext (font setups, own commands)  should be included
inside a \setupMPenvironment. The [global] simply uses the same settings
in the main text.

Aditya

* Re: underbar in MP text
@ 2006-11-13 19:00   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-11-13 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Aditya,

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> if \underbar is used inside a MP text, it always uses a fixed rule
>> thickness, regardless of the settings in ConTeXt. How can I change this?
>
> Does adding the settings inside
>
> \setupMPenvironment[global]
>
> \setupunderbar...
>
> \stopMPenvironment
>
> help? Sorry, I can not test it at the moment. But basically, all the
> settings for textext (font setups, own commands)  should be included
> inside a \setupMPenvironment. The [global] simply uses the same settings
> in the main text.

this works for the example code, but sadly not in my complex graphic. I
have to look deeper into this, as soon as I have the time (but there is
only one MP environment and no setup of underbar is used elsewhere).

\startMPenvironment[global]
  \setupunderbar[rulethickness=2pt]%
\stopMPenvironment

Anyhow, many thanks for your answer. :)