* typesetting proofs
@ 2006-11-07  7:36 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2006-11-07  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Searching the lists, I found one and I got the output what I want as
following image. But, as you noticed, there is a lot spaces between
"Theorem"  and the start of the text. Also there is the same space
between "Proof" and the start of the text. Is it normal? or Is there
any method to reduce the spaces?

Thank you for reading.

Dalyoung

%Here is the definition following Mr. Taco's method

\defineenumeration[Theorem]
    [location=serried,
     headstyle=bold,
     text=Theorem,
     number=yes,
     after=]
\definestartstop[theorem]
    [before=\startTheorem,
     after=\stopTheorem]

\defineenumeration[Proof]
    [location=serried,
     headstyle=slanted,
     text=Proof,
     number=no,
     after=]
\definestartstop[proof]
    [before=\startProof,
     after=\hfil \stopProof]

\startTheorem $P(n, r) = C(n,r).... \stopTheorem
\startProof An ordered arrangement... \stopProof

%output

[-- Attachment #2: screen.tiff --]
[-- Type: image/tiff, Size: 10342 bytes --]

* Re: typesetting proofs
@ 2006-11-14 15:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-11-14 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Searching the lists, I found one and I got the output what I want as
> following image. But, as you noticed, there is a lot spaces between
> "Theorem"  and the start of the text. Also there is the same space
> between "Proof" and the start of the text. Is it normal? or Is there
> any method to reduce the spaces?
>
> Thank you for reading.
>
> Dalyoung
>
> %Here is the definition following Mr. Taco's method
>
> \defineenumeration[Theorem]
>    [location=serried,
>     headstyle=bold,
>     text=Theorem,
>     number=yes,
>     after=]
> \definestartstop[theorem]
>    [before=\startTheorem,
>     after=\stopTheorem]
>
> \defineenumeration[Proof]
>    [location=serried,
>     headstyle=slanted,
>     text=Proof,
>     number=no,
>     after=]
> \definestartstop[proof]
>    [before=\startProof,
>     after=\hfil \stopProof]

> \startTheorem $P(n, r) = C(n,r).... \stopTheorem
> \startProof An ordered arrangement... \stopProof

you can use the "width" and "distance" keys to set the spacing

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: typesetting proofs
@ 2006-11-14 15:36 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-11-14 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Searching the lists, I found one and I got the output what I want as
> following image. But, as you noticed, there is a lot spaces between
> "Theorem"  and the start of the text. Also there is the same space
> between "Proof" and the start of the text. Is it normal? or Is there
> any method to reduce the spaces?
>
> Thank you for reading.
>
> Dalyoung
>
> %Here is the definition following Mr. Taco's method
>
> \defineenumeration[Theorem]
>    [location=serried,
>     headstyle=bold,
>     text=Theorem,
>     number=yes,

You probably want something like

       distance=4pt,

Best, Taco

* Re: typesetting proofs
@ 2005-11-21  8:42 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-21  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've done similar things like this:

  \defineenumeration[Preuve]
    [location=serried,
     headstyle=slanted,
     text=Preuve,
     number=no,
     after=]

  \definestartstop[preuve]
    [before=\startPreuve,
     after=\hfil\QED\stopPreuve]

Greetings, Taco

debongnie@math.ucl.ac.be wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt users,
>
> i am trying to typeset correctly proofs in a document.
> I tried to use the following definition :
>
> \defineenumeration[preuve]
>   [location=serried,
>    headstyle=slanted,
>    text=Preuve,
>    number=no,
>    after={\hfil\QED}]
>
> It's almost what i want, but there's a slight problem.
> The command after executes itself after a newline, so,
> the QED symbol is typeset at the line after the end of
> the proof.  What i'd like to have is the qed symbol at
> the end of the last line of the proof.  Any insight on
> how i can do that?
>
> Thanks

* typesetting proofs
@ 2005-11-18 14:50 debongnie